Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

TAYLOR'S INFLUENCES

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Heyy guys, im in class at the moment and we are choosing people that we think have musical excellence. I, of course, chose Taylor but my teacher said to me that I need to back up why I think she has musical excellence. I said "Taylor is such an influence to all girls, mainly teenagers, because her songs are so relatable to lots of people and she is such a good role model."
If it’s ok, would u be able to say how you relate to Taylor’s songs and what sort of influence Taylor has on you.
I’ll be showing some of them to my teacher to prove it and back up my response... and prove to him that she isn’t as bad as he thinks she is (:
Thanks so much guys xox

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TAYLOR'S INFLUENCES

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Taylor made me believe in something for the first time.

I Spoke Now on Nov. 16, 2011. :)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Girl_at_Home_13 wrote:
    Taylor made me believe in something for the first time.

I Spoke Now on Nov. 16, 2011. :)

well, at least one person helped! aha thanks x

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM

There are many reasons to consider Taylor Swift as having musical excellence. She is an amazing and accomplished songwriter. 6 grammys!!! how many millions of records sold???? Her songs are filled with such passion and emotion, it's crazy. And I'm not a teenager, I'm a mom (a really cool one, but still lol)! Red has reminded me of so many feelings from my past relationships and I can picture it all just like it was yesterday. Not just any musician is able to do that. And, she has opened my daughter's eyes and ears to many other musicians - if she mentions that she likes or respects somebody's music, my daughter is then interested in listening to them and usually likes them as well. Good luck in changing your teacher's mind. If these stories don't work - make him listen to The Moment I Knew or Treacherous - if that's not musical excellence, I don't know what is!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I'm not sure if it's too late to answer this, but here it goes.....

Taylor has now become the main influence in my life. I feel like even though I don't personally know her she has been through what I've been through. I spend my Friday nights wanting to bake cookies instead of drinking, drugs, or partying. I find that it has helped me bond with my parents more. I find myself striving to be like Taylor. Copying outfits, hairstyles, etc. And I honestly think she is a nice person. She shows people you can have good clean fun. She reminds me that my fairytale is still out there and I should settle for nothing but the best. She reminds you of innocence. I have so much to thank her for.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I Didnt Know You Were Trouble wrote:
    Heyy guys, im in class at the moment and we are choosing people that we think have musical excellence. I, of course, chose Taylor but my teacher said to me that I need to back up why I think she has musical excellence. I said "Taylor is such an influence to all girls, mainly teenagers, because her songs are so relatable to lots of people and she is such a good role model."
    If it’s ok, would u be able to say how you relate to Taylor’s songs and what sort of influence Taylor has on you.
    I’ll be showing some of them to my teacher to prove it and back up my response... and prove to him that she isn’t as bad as he thinks she is (:
    Thanks so much guys xox

Being a male Swifty I relate to Taylor Swift because her songs tell a story of a woman's love life...how fragile it is and how to respect the relationship between a woman....I went to her Speak Now concert here and CHicago and saw the mini Swifties and how they were all excited to see her. She's just a great role model for all women and girls.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I think what I admire about taylor is the sense of honesty she carries with her. She's constantly taking her heart and putting it out there on her sleeve and she's writing about things way past most people's comfort zones and putting her opinion out there to be either crushed, criticized or praised. It makes me, the listener, think that I'm understood and that she's my best friend because she writes honestly about real experiences. When you listen to Taylor's music or watch an interview of her on television you can tell that not only is she crucially honest with everything but Hollywood hasn't really changed her personality wise. She seems to be genuine in her actions and appears to be the same person on stage as she is off. Also one person can't deny that when it comes to songwriting she's a lyrical genius. She could probably write better than some people who are in their 30's. Her lyrics come across almost as poetry and the emotion and truthfulness in each song add another layer to something that is already amazing. Overall I like Taylor because she's the real deal. She's not trying to be anyone she's not and she is one of the only rock stars we truly have left and she has a long career ahead of her.
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

she helped me see past my problems in life. she inspired me to write. she helped me overcome my weaknesses. she is my life.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

All this is hoping for and more!!!! :D
    thanks so much, and SparkelSwifty13 dont worry, its not to late, im showing him some of the comments on friday (:
    once again, thanks so much x

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I Didnt Know You Were Trouble wrote:
    Thanks so much guys xox

I would love to reply to this, and to your teacher:

Please tell your teacher to take some time and listen to Taylor Him /Her self
    Might I suggest to both of you the "Speak Now World Tour Live", DVD

Please tell you teacher that I, myself, am probably older than they are.
    And I suggest that Taylor is a good influence, not only on teenage girls, but on BOTH genders, and people of ALL ages as well The only prerequisite is a loving soul, and it always helps to be a "Hopeless Romantic", as well.

I would much, much rather, ( for myself, or any family member ), listen to, or watch Taylor, than to be influenced by the likes of the Kardashian women, Lindsey Lohan types, Satanic metal / goth bands, ANY hip-hop performers, or just about any of the other nonsense that they are trying to pass off as entertainment today.

Please also inform your teacher that Our Taylor is a Brilliant Songwriter, Fabulous Performer, Excellent Producer, all around Wonderful Person, and an Elegant Lady
    I would NOT make THAT assertion of any of the other performers that I am seeing in this current environment
    Taylor, if she stays on the trajectory her career is currently on, will soon overcome even the most statistically successful music artists of all time. And she turns 23 in, what, 8 days?
    Add to all of that, the fact that Our Taylor has amassed a Worldwide Fan Base. I talk to people here on TC from countries that I never would have even thought would be touched by ANY entertainer. But by Our Taylor they are. And it is a beautiful thing to see.

Please implore your teacher to watch the DVD that I mentioned above. If they have a GOOD heart and soul, then I feel certain that they, too, will see the Brilliance and Gooodness that IS Our Taylor Swift.
    Taylor IS an Angel
    Just sayin.........................................................

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

She is a great role model, not swearing, she has elegance, she is classy and kind, grateful and help people believe in themselves.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Lol I'm going to use this as well Emm

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

that's such a cool project! taylor writes songs about the life she goes through day to day. she also writes about many problems teenagers face, and that we all have to face at one point or another.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.