1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

WHY TAYLOR NEVER USE HER MIDDLE NAME

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hi guys sometimes I ask myself and I wonder, why Taylor never use her middle name. As you all know, her middle name is Alison. What is your opinion about this, why she never use her middle name ?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: WHY TAYLOR NEVER USE HER MIDDLE NAME

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM

This is just my experience but when people i know introduce themselves they usually don't use their whole names,it's not generally necessary,atleast it isn't where I live in Canada.Like,it's just a bit ridiculous to use your full name when talking about yourself or being introduced.Most celebrities or people in general,just don't do it.So Taylor probably doesn't use her middle name for the same reasons most don't..

Re: WHY TAYLOR NEVER USE HER MIDDLE NAME

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM

TayyMuerte13 wrote:
    This is just my experience but when people i know introduce themselves they usually don't use their whole names,it's not generally necessary,atleast it isn't where I live in Canada.Like,it's just a bit ridiculous to use your full name when talking about yourself or being introduced.Most celebrities or people in general,just don't do it.So Taylor probably doesn't use her middle name for the same reasons most don't..

Yep, i agree with TayyMuerte13. (:
    Taylor Alison does sound quite catchy, but it's probably not necessary at all.

and yes i made my own siggy.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I agree with everyone else. I don't know many people who use their middle name. I only use it when I have to fill out legal things and they ask for my full name. I don't think it's typical to use your middle name.

Credit to PlaidShirtDays (Freefall Designs) for the avatar and signature. Thanks!

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM

i use my second name.. anyway, TAYLOR is cute.. it's better to use names with shorter syllables, it's easier, i think :DDD

"if you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change..." - TS

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 4:40 AM

nnaaaww I always think Alison is SSOOOO cute and blends in with Taylor quite well
    [!url=http://taylorswift.com/forum/meet_greet_stories/2136251][?IMG]http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/frogo3000/3e9e31bbab6faed4f1f9090f0a0a79f7.jpg[/?IMG][/?url]

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 5:35 AM

I think Taylor Swift alone sounds really catchy and rolls off the tounge

Both by Maci

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Because most people don't use their entire name when they're introducting themselves and she goes by Taylor, so that's how she introduces herself and what she wants people to call her.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Yeah, people don't generally use their full name.

And "Taylor Allison Swift" would be a lot to squeeze onto a CD cover!

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM

No many people use their middle name. I dont know why she should do that. But I think Taylor loves het middle name. I love it ;)
    Anyway, I can say nothing, I'm not American, so I just tell what I feel ;)

Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I don't have a middle name, but my mom goes by her middle name because her first name can be pretty complicated to pronounce for a lot of people (I just know from people who ACTUALLY attempted to try to say her first name with often mixed results) and I know many people who don't even use their middle name. The bottom line is that I know that if Taylor uses her full name, that would be a little complex in general.

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM

I agree with everyone. That not many people actually DO go by their middle names. There are the odd exceptions, of course. But Taylor Swift sounds better than Alison Swift, to me. And maybe she just wants to be called Taylor like her family calls her.

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM

At least in my opinion, Taylor is one of the most beautiful names. I felt this way even before I knew about Taylor Swift! So I don't blame her at all!!!
    In my case, I would much rather go by my middle name (James) than my first name (Matthew).
    I have a Jewish friend who goes by his middle name (Gary) rather than his first name (Irwin).
    I think it's just a case-by-case thing!!!

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I use my middle name, but I don't think Tayor would introduce herself by her full name. :P

Mocha | Mint | Gabriella | Avatar by Rosie

RE: WHY TAYLOR NEVER USE HER MIDDLE NAME

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM

TAYLOR SWIFT sounds a little more rock star than TAYLOR ALISON SWIFT.

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM

heartbeet4taylor wrote:
    I agree with everyone. That not many people actually DO go by their middle names. There are the odd exceptions, of course. But Taylor Swift sounds better than Alison Swift, to me. And maybe she just wants to be called Taylor like her family calls her.

^^this

Thank you guys for everything!!And Taylor for being my inspiration!!!

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM

To me it doesn't sound right if Taylor uses her middle or full name. I just like it as is. I'm sure when she was little though, her parents called her by her first and middle name to give her the warning that she was in big trouble lol

Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

A girl I took to senior prom had the last name Alison. I don't like thinking about her(Taylor's) middle name.

@TayLaLaLa13