Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Before Taylor Swift

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM

A question just jumped out of my head, "Who were you before, Taylor Swift, who are you now? Or how are you different?
Michael B. Nguyen

"...please tell them my name/ tell them how the crowds went wild/ tell them how I hope they shine..." - Taylor Swift

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Before Taylor Swift

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I was just an other kind of girl, like everyone. I think know Taylor Swift and her music was positive for me :) Now i'm different, and I prefer being different in this way :)
    So in a Wednesday in a cafe,
    I watched it begin again

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I was so boring,I never knew anything about music, I thought love yucky.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I was a fan of Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers to be honnest. Then Taylor came into my world and I have only LOVED one other artist/ band after her. and that's 1D, but thats a whole different story :)
    You`re lucky enough to be different, never change - Taylor Swift

For me, I don't think technoligy is going to impress me until I can download food from the internet - Niall Horan

[url=http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i[/url][/signature]

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Well, I was a HUGE fan of Hannah Montana. Bu then Taylor came along, and I was totally hooked on her!!! Now, Hannah Montana is LONG gone, and Taylor is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE singer EVER!

I love you, Evann

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Kbrubaker wrote:
    Well, I was a HUGE fan of Hannah Montana. Bu then Taylor came along, and I was totally hooked on her!!! Now, Hannah Montana is LONG gone, and Taylor is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE singer EVER!

I love you, Evann

OMG ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will everyone please welcome our newest TC member? She is AMAZING!!! Friend her for me?http://taylorswift.com/users/ap9MzWCP
    I am TaylorSwiftRocks13

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I was slowly losing who I was, what I was, what I believed in, but when I heard songs like, "You Belong With Me" and "Mine" I was inspired to be who I am, to be good to people, and believe in love. I was reminded that there are kind, considerate, and positive people. She continues to be a shining star in my life.
    Michael B. Nguyen

"...please tell them my name/ tell them how the crowds went wild/ tell them how I hope they shine..." - Taylor Swift

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I was a HUGE Ally & AJ fan! and Hannah Montana!
    Then Taylor Swift came along I was like Goodbye Aly& AJ (i was still a pretty big Hannah Montana fan)
    J0c3lyn

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Well, I was a huge Hilary Duff fan! But then once Taylor came along she was all I ever looked up on Youtube/internet and listened to! I still do have Hilary on my Ipod though!

1) Thankyou to playfulconversations13 2) Me :)

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I was kind of in a stuck place. I was bullied in elementary school and the first year of middle school. The rest of middle school and part of high school, I shut down and got behind socially. When I was little I didn't really have many friends and was picked on a lot. It had a huge affect on my self-esteem. I remember when I first found Taylor the end of my sophomore year. That was the very beginning of a new era in my life. I was growing in so many different ways...and I really believe that God put Taylor's music (as well as other artists, but mainly her) in my life because she has just helped me so much in starting to come out of my shell. I was letting so many opportunities pass me by-and it helped so much to know that Taylor was different too and she loved that fact about herself. I'm still pretty shy but continually getting better. I don't feel so bad about myself anymore, and Taylor is a pretty big part of that reason. I am just so grateful for her and thank God for her.
    It all looks RED.

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Before Taylor, I'd never really been a hard-core fan of anyone. There were artists I liked, but I didn't follow their every move, memorize all of their lyrics, or join a fan site to talk with other fans. She just was so above the curve - her music and her personality - that I finally became a true fan of someone - HER! Now I have such great friends on here, too, that I'm really grateful!
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

All through high school I was a punk/pop-rock kind of girl, obsessed with bands like Good Charlotte, All American Rejects, Green Day, etc. Wore Hot Topic clothes all the time. I hated country and pop! Then one day at work during my first year of college, the song Teardrops on My Guitar came on the radio and just hit me in a way I can't even describe. And ever since then I've been obsessed! My general taste in music and clothes and such had mellowed out and become more girly too, partly Taylor-influenced and partially just because I grew up and am not that angry bullied rocker girl from high school anymore (and thank goodness for that, because although I still like those bands I'm so much happier in general now).

But Taylor songs got me through the rise and fall of several dramatic relationships in my late teens and early 20s, and then was also who I listened to and eventually walked down the aisle to when I fell in love with my husband =) Now we're expecting out first child in the spring, and I've already got a Taylor Swift lullaby CD and have a new appreciation for the song Never Grow Up. It's crazy how much my life has changed since before Taylor!

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM

All of your stories are amazing! I'm glad Taylor Connect brings so many of us together so we can share our experiences. Country radio and Taylor Swift have saved me and Iknow that it was of grand design. I thank God all the time for Taylor Swift. She's in my car, in my truck, in my favorite restaurant, in a hospital, at the mall, on T.V. and even at the store on a birthday card. She's such a big part of my life and I know she is a big part of all your lives too. I truly believe that Taylor's music purged the harted in my heart and has protected it since. Her songs always come on when I need them too.
    Michael B. Nguyen

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Well I was only 11 when I started being a Taylor fan. I'm 15 now. I have always been a shy girl and usually kept everything bottled in and that led to me feeling alone most of the time. But when I first heard Taylor's first album, I felt like I had a friend. Especially with songs like The Outside, Tied Together With A Smile, and A Place In This World. Those were the only songs I could relate to back then. Taylor became my best friend. I think that if Taylor weren't in my life, I would be a different person. Because I have gone through all my teen years so far with her, I'm such a hopeful person. Hope is something I always have. I can be very optimistic at times, I'm a hopeless romantic, I'm nice to people, I believe in love. I'm glad I have Taylor in my life. She has made it very cheerful and I don't know where I'd be without her.

Swiftie since 2007
    I will be Red on August 19th.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

@xXEnchantedXx...That is the cutest signature EVAR!
    Michael B. Nguyen

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM

The same girl I am now :)

Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Illinois Country Fan wrote:
    Before Taylor, I'd never really been a hard-core fan of anyone. There were artists I liked, but I didn't follow their every move, memorize all of their lyrics, or join a fan site to talk with other fans. She just was so above the curve - her music and her personality - that I finally became a true fan of someone - HER! Now I have such great friends on here, too, that I'm really grateful!
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Same here!!!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.