1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Ne-Yo copies Taylor?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I'm just REALLLY ticked off that Ne-Yo's new album R.E.D. copies Taylor's. Even the font of the album is the same; Taylor JUST got a new look & I feel it's being copied. To me it's like showing up to prom seeing another girl wearing the same dress as you... Anyway, I like Ne-Yo & his music but this just bothered me :((

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Ne-Yo's copies Taylor?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I don't think they are anything alike. Ne-Yo and Taylor arn't even in the same gene. I think its okay. Its not like Taylor owns the font. Or for that matter the color

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM

He copied her? [

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say

Re: Ne-Yo copies Taylor?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM

THAT IS AGGRAVATING

This amazing thing from onedirectionismylife
    TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar

SingingInTheCar wrote:
    He copied her? [

I say

NO!!

Well the word red stands for something different on ne-yo's album in stands for realizing every dream that is a bit lengthy for an album title. No worries though their styles musically are very very veeeeerrrry different. I love them both!
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Add me as a

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM

i think its just a coincidence..

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM

LayingOnTheColdHardGround wrote:
    SingingInTheCar wrote:
    He copied her? [

I say

NO!!

Oh

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

I say

RE: Ne-Yo copies Taylor?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

theyre even in the same same font, Ne-Yo's is just more grunge looking! and they are in the same exact shade of red!
    http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/taylorswift/media/01/10/large.7klu06600n70.jpg

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM

i know! couldn't agree more...so sad! tots agree :)

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM

ugh i am so mad i hate him now its time to not listen to his music and get payback
    Love Love Love,
    pittsburghswiftie566

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I agree!!! It made me really mad too!! He but RED in capital letters, had the same cover, and same font as well. Plus someone said he had been working on his longer than Taylor, and I checked when his last album came out, and it was in December 2010, and Taylor's was October 25, 2010. I also heard the album, and it honestly sucks!! Ugh, this makes me so mad!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------

*Forever and always a Swiftie!*

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I don't see how it's the same...they are both of different sides of music, different style, I like him and his music. The font is not the same, the font on his CD is more of a grunge type font and Taylor's was more smooth.

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

xosweetgirl18ox wrote:
    I don't see how it's the same...they are both of different sides of music, different style, I like him and his music. The font is not the same, the font on his CD is more of a grunge type font and Taylor's was more smooth.

^^ This minus listening to Ne-Yo I don't do that.

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM

i saw that too, leaving me kind of confused :S
    "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right."

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i think it's just a coincidence, because artists pick out their album titles/covers way before they go on sale so ne-yo wouldn't have had time to copy taylor's
    I spoke now on August 10th, 2011 :)

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Ne-Yo's "RED" actually stands for "Realizing Every Dream", you can tell because he doesn't just spell it flat out RED, it's R.E.D. on his album cover. Not to mention the fact he is in a completely different genre of music. It's just coincidence is all, Ne-Yo even joked about it on twitter, nothing serious
    "It's got vanilla, and amber and freesia. Also, notes of peach, and, and also raspberry." - Taylor on Wonderstruck

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:58 AM

I saw it too but it's an abbreviation and plus i'm sure they didn't know until it was too late to change the titles. Also if two people do show up to prom wearing the same dress i'm sure it was just an coincidence, they're not trying to copy each other or upstage the other.

I wouldn't be so upset by this.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Not really a big deal......

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:50 AM

At first I was annoyed, but it's most likely coincidence, and of course we know Taylor's is more popular and of course better. It stands for something as well. Thanks for pointing this out.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather