1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Taylor Swift Writing Contest!

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Pick one of Taylor's many beautiful songs and write a short story about it!

Round 1
Rules:
Must be no more than 2,000 words

No bad language

Entry must be posted by November 15

Please tell me what song you chose

Judging:
There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd places

Sorry I have no prizes! This contest is just for fun!

I will judge you on punctuation/spelling/grammar, relevancy to whichever song you chose, and if it followed the rules.

ROUND 1 is Closed

ROUND 2

Same rules and judging as before except I will be giving out prizes!

In Round 2 you have to choose a song from Taylor's first album. :) The contest ends on November 20!

ROUND 2 is closed!

ROUND 3

Same rules as round 2 but now you will write a story about a song from Fearless!

Ends November 26!

ROUND 3 is closed!

ROUND 4

Same as before but write about a song from Speak Now! Ends December 1st! Date extended to December 3rd.

ROUND 4 is closed

ROUND 5

Same rules but write about a song from Red. Make these stories good this is the last round! Ends December 13th! (Taylor's birthday!)

ROUND 5 is closed

"If you're lucky enough to be different never change." -Taylor Swift

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Taylor Swift Writing Contest!

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Anyone??

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Ooooo this looks fun!! So, does it have to be about the song itself, or a situation like the song?
    I used to be 13LittleStars

1 and 2 by me
    3 by the amazing Primafacie

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I would say use the song itself. So like if you chose Enchanted then write about this girl who's fallen in love with this guys and she hopes he doesn't have a different girl on his mind. Hope this helps!

[img=" http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q500/earthchoice/imgres-2_zps7c81b848.jpg "]

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Ok :)

[im

ht[/signature]

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I'm so gonna do this. Do we post here or send them in a message?

My life.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM

This sounds like fun! I think I might give it a try! :D
    It all looks RED.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

futurepianist13 wrote:

My life.

Posting it here would be great! Thanks!

[im

ht[/signature]

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

CammySwiftie wrote:
    futurepianist13 wrote:

My life.

Okay! I'm almost done with it, but it's really short. Is that okay?

[im

ht[/signature][/quote]

[signature][img="http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjxwix3b91qg5u47o1_r1_500.gif"]

My life.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

i'll do this later:)

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Here's my story, based on the song All Too well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I stood there, alone, at the corner of Pine and Main Street, as the gentle autumn breeze passed through my hair. I looked over at the cars passing, and I notice something. A little red car almost ran the light. Then I realized, I know that car. I look and see that my ex-boyfriend, Jason, is driving, and he looked dead at me.
    That moment, I remembered all the wonderful times we had together. When we were driving and singing together. When we got lost upstate. The first time we kissed. When we danced around the kitchen at two o'clock in the morning. When he taught me about everything in his past. And the most wonderful of all, the time he first asked me out.
    I decide that I cannot dwell on these things, that they would only make me crazy. Instead, I just look away, and walk home. I know what I did to myself. I broke up with him for no reason at all, and now I'm the one suffering.
    As I'm walking, it begins to rain. I don't walk fast, but instead, my steps slow down. I'm feeling so many different things, but I don't know exactly what they are. I don't know if I'm happy or sad, or heartbroken or relieved. All I know, is that I remember this relationship all too well.
    I get home after walking in the rain, and I pick up my cat, Elle. I hug her and think about what could have failed in the relationship. Yes, I was very needy, always asking for things. Not material things, but things that required Jason's efforts. I know that he was annoyed by this, but it was just the way I was.
    I go to sleep that night, and begin to cry. I realize that I truly do miss Jason. And I know that there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

~Two Weeks Later~

I think that I've finally gotten over Jason, and I'm never going to return to that pain. Which is when my phone rings. I don't look at the name, I just pick up.
    “Hello, Marybeth?” I hear a voice say.
    “Hello? Who is this?” I reply.
    “It's Jason,” he says. I bite down on my thumb, and shut my eyes. Why is he calling me? Why does he want to talk to me now, after all this time? Why does he suddenly want to know what I'm up to?
    “I just wanted to call and see how you're doing, and see what you're up to. I haven't done much lately, but I've been spending time with this girl lately. She seems really nice. Her name is Nicolina DeLaCruz. Do you know her?” he asks. Of course. That's why he would call.
    “Uh, no, I don't. Sorry. I've been good though. Thanks for calling,” I say, fighting back the tears that are coming.
    “All right, bye Marybeth,” he says, before hanging up. I stare at my phone, trying to contain myself, until I lose it. I throw my phone across the room, and it hits the wall. I break down and cry. I can't help myself. I'm just a baby. This is why he agreed to leave you. If you weren't so weak, you might still have him.
    “Marybeth, it's all in the past now. He lost you. You're a great person. He's the one missing out,” I tell myself through my tears. “You were the one thing he's ever really known, and now you're gone. He's just pretending.”
    I look outside, and I realize that through my tears, it started to snow. Which calmed me slightly. I get dressed, and go outside, nearly tripping over a box. I didn't order anything, so either this was sent to the wrong house, or someone mailed me something. And it was the second idea.
    I take it inside, and open it up. I see a bunch of things, that have no connection, and try to figure out what they are. It hits me. My old books. My favorite CDs. My bracelets. My hair clips. My jacket. Everything I've ever given to Jason. But I realize there's one thing missing. My old plaid scarf.

My life.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

futurepianist13 wrote:
    CammySwiftie wrote:
    futurepianist13 wrote:

My life.

Okay! I'm almost done with it, but it's really short. Is that okay?

[im

ht[/signature][/quote]

[signature][img="http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjxwix3b91qg5u47o1_r1_500.gif"]

My life.

Yeah it's ok if it's short.

[im

ht[/signature]

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM

This is my story about Enchanted!!

I picture Enchanted in a far away forest were birds and deer stand by your side when you need it. Right in the midst of everything there is a glen in the woods made out of straw and wood. Standing in front of the glen is a giant waterfall with mermaids dancing in the water, then suddenly you hear a thump in the woods, you turn around and walk near it when you find mirrors and fountains surrounded by trees mirrors are hanging from old oak trees. you look in the mirror and find a prince staring at you! you touch the miror when suddenly your fingers fall right through!! you step in the mirror and dance with the prince all night long in an ancieent castle with paintings of kings and queens. Then the prince takes your hand and leads you to a pavillion and he leans in to kiss you.......

That's my story about Enchanted hope you liked it!!!

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM

This one is based of the song, "I Almost Do". It's not the best, but I hope you like it!

I looked up from the book I was reading. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't focus. A name repeated over and over in my mind. But it wasn't just any random name. It was his name. “Call him. Right now,” the lovestruck part of my mind urged. My body responded before I had time to argue. I found myself with my finger on the “call” button when the my sensible side kicked in. “What are you doing? You can't do this. Not again.” I wasn't sure what I wanted. My brain argued with itself. He was probably still up, it wasn't that late. In fact, he was probably sitting by the window. Right now. He couldn't be busy, right? But the practical side of me won. I closed the call screen dejectedly. Confusion echoed through me. I was better off...probably. I went back to my book. Maybe, just maybe, he'd call me.
    I used to be 13LittleStars

1 and 2 by me
    3 by the amazing Primafacie

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Great job to those of you who have already posted your stories! Two more days for those of you who haven't! :) :)
    ht[/signature][signature][signature][/signature]
    [img="http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q500/earthchoice/imgres-2_zps7c81b848.jpg "]

[im

ht[/signature]

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I kinda wanna write more.. If I do, can you just read them but only judge the All Too Well one?

My life.

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

No! I wrote one this morning, and posted it! But it's not here! Ugh...

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

MosaicBrokenHearts13 wrote:
    No! I wrote one this morning, and posted it! But it's not here! Ugh...

I'm sorry :( I hope it works!

[im

ht[/signature]

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:21 AM

futurepianist13 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I stood there, alone, at the corner of Pine and Main Street, as the gentle autumn breeze passed through my hair. I looked over at the cars passing, and I notice something. A little red car almost ran the light. Then I realized, I know that car. I look and see that my ex-boyfriend, Jason, is driving, and he looked dead at me.
    That moment, I remembered all the wonderful times we had together. When we were driving and singing together. When we got lost upstate. The first time we kissed. When we danced around the kitchen at two o'clock in the morning. When he taught me about everything in his past. And the most wonderful of all, the time he first asked me out.
    I decide that I cannot dwell on these things, that they would only make me crazy. Instead, I just look away, and walk home. I know what I did to myself. I broke up with him for no reason at all, and now I'm the one suffering.
    As I'm walking, it begins to rain. I don't walk fast, but instead, my steps slow down. I'm feeling so many different things, but I don't know exactly what they are. I don't know if I'm happy or sad, or heartbroken or relieved. All I know, is that I remember this relationship all too well.
    I get home after walking in the rain, and I pick up my cat, Elle. I hug her and think about what could have failed in the relationship. Yes, I was very needy, always asking for things. Not material things, but things that required Jason's efforts. I know that he was annoyed by this, but it was just the way I was.
    I go to sleep that night, and begin to cry. I realize that I truly do miss Jason. And I know that there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

~Two Weeks Later~

I think that I've finally gotten over Jason, and I'm never going to return to that pain. Which is when my phone rings. I don't look at the name, I just pick up.
    “It's Jason,” he says. I bite down on my thumb, and shut my eyes. Why is he calling me? Why does he want to talk to me now, after all this time? Why does he suddenly want to know what I'm up to?
    “I just wanted to call and see how you're doing, and see what you're up to. I haven't done much lately, but I've been spending time with this girl lately. She seems really nice. Her name is Nicolina DeLaCruz. Do you know her?” he asks. Of course. That's why he would call.
    “Uh, no, I don't. Sorry. I've been good though. Thanks for calling,” I say, fighting back the tears that are coming.
    “All right, bye Marybeth,” he says, before hanging up. I stare at my phone, trying to contain myself, until I lose it. I throw my phone across the room, and it hits the wall. I break down and cry. I can't help myself. I'm just a baby. This is why he agreed to leave you. If you weren't so weak, you might still have him.
    “Marybeth, it's all in the past now. He lost you. You're a great person. He's the one missing out,” I tell myself through my tears. “You were the one thing he's ever really known, and now you're gone. He's just pretending.”
    I look outside, and I realize that through my tears, it started to snow. Which calmed me slightly. I get dressed, and go outside, nearly tripping over a box. I didn't order anything, so either this was sent to the wrong house, or someone mailed me something. And it was the second idea.
    I take it inside, and open it up. I see a bunch of things, that have no connection, and try to figure out what they are. It hits me. My old books. My favorite CDs. My bracelets. My hair clips. My jacket. Everything I've ever given to Jason. But I realize there's one thing missing. My old plaid scarf.

My life.

I LOVE THIS STORY, CAN YOU POSTED THIS ON YOUR WattPad, like Stay Here?
    A hopefully dreamer.
    Run away when I get MAD, or you'll die.
    No, I am kidding.

-I take this from tumblr, tell me if one of them is

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I'd probably do this but I fear I have run out of time.

xXNicoleXx

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Support The Flawless One wrote:
    futurepianist13 wrote:

~Two Weeks Later~

My life.

I LOVE THIS STORY, CAN YOU POSTED THIS ON YOUR WattPad, like Stay Here?
    A hopefully dreamer.
    Run away when I get MAD, or you'll die.
    No, I am kidding.

-I take this from tumblr, tell me if one of them is

Thank you! Sure, I'll start posting everything on my WattPad. :) if you have a story request, let me know and I'll write it for you :)

My life.