1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Grown up Swifties (People born from 80s and above)

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I realized that majority of Taylor fans are very young, mostly young kids, teenagers and college students. Well, mostly teenagers so sometimes i can't connect to them. Eg: they like 1D and Bieber but i don't. Maybe there are more older swifties out there that are not joining the forum.

Just wondering, how many of you born before Taylor was born? I'm just a year older than Taylor. I would like to make friends with people with the same age group. Other age groups are welcomed to be friends with me too!
You are the best thing that's ever been mine.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Grown up Swifties (People born from 80s and above)

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Im 28, married, Ph.D student, higer education professional, and a huge Taylor fan! Became a fan of hers in 2006 - before she was big and loved her ever since!
    "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go"

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM

[quoteHaha... i'm thinking there's a male swifties and under 16 swifties topic, so i thought to myself there must be grown up swifties out there. Yeah, it's great that we do not need to beg our parents for concert tickets anymore.. Wow, you're married? I'm still single. Sigh.

I felt that being in the same age group with Taylor, i was connected to her very much.

I love Taylor but not obsessed of her. I don't follow everything she does. Well, she did have some influence because I have bangs now. I don't care much about her lucky number 13, as i have my own favourite numbers 8 and 9. I prefer dogs over cats. I don't use glitter and my favourite colour is red. I do dance crazily but it's something that i've done before knowing Taylor as a singer.

There IS already a thread about this, called Senior Swifties... I can't post a link because I don't remember where it is exactly... but there's one.

Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I was born in January 1989...eleven months before Taylor
    love, love, love....

Lauren Michele

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM

KristinaP wrote:
    I'm 23 from Memphis TN. Is anyone going to the April 19th show in Atlanta? I really need a buddy none of my friends like Taylor enough to go to the concert. :(

I'm in the same boat, except I live in LA...

Anyone need/want a concert buddy for one of her shows @ Staples Center?
    love, love, love....

Lauren Michele

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM

I'm 27 and have been a huge fan of Taylor since 2006!!!

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I'm a Ol Gezzer of 59 , a tad bit older than most Swifties , LOL !

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM

i'm 65 and i know of two other swifties in thier 60's on here
    a fan since "Love Story" TC swiftie since feb.10 2010

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I love being an adult swiftie. There is so much to the TS empire. I have recently starting to explore my understanding of her influence and arguments for defending her. It amazes me how little people know about her besides ...

"we are like..never..ever...getting back together." (Don't get me wrong I LOVE the song, but people seem to interpret it the wrong way).

Check it out here and let me know what you all think! Taylor's Starlight

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I'll be 22 this year, so I'm younger than Taylor, but its hard to find friends and people my age that aren't like 12-13 (no offense to them) that like her too,most think that she's immature, but i absolutely love her! :)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I'm 21 this year :)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I'm 22, I'll turn 23 in July. I'm not older than her, but I fit the category of older fans.
    I'm proud to be apart of her generation :)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM

LoveLoveLoveSwifty wrote:
    I'm 21 this year :)

Me too, in August!
    ...interested in a position for a fan-made Taylor magazine? GO!! > http://taylorswift.com/forum/all_things_taylor/2369683#post_20912563

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I thought I was one of the only older swifties on here, but I'm turning 19 this year :)

Thankyou to 1) Me 2) the amazing heleh 3) the talented playfu

RE: Grown up Swifties (People born from 80s and above)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:28 AM

^^ Ooops, I posted that in the wrong thread heheheh :) But I love that Taylor has both older and younger fans - it makes our fanbase so more friendly and wide (if that makes sense haha)

Thankyou to 1) Me 2) the amazing heleh 3) the talented playfu

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I just sent you a friend request and I am a grown up..

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Well I am a taylorite and are a tad bit more then 2 of taylors life times old. About 20% of taylors fans are older then her.

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    [quoteHaha... i'm thinking there's a male swifties and under 16 swifties topic, so i thought to myself there must be grown up swifties out there. Yeah, it's great that we do not need to beg our parents for concert tickets anymore.. Wow, you're married? I'm still single. Sigh.

I felt that being in the same age group with Taylor, i was connected to her very much.

I love Taylor but not obsessed of her. I don't follow everything she does. Well, she did have some influence because I have bangs now. I don't care much about her lucky number 13, as i have my own favourite numbers 8 and 9. I prefer dogs over cats. I don't use glitter and my favourite colour is red. I do dance crazily but it's something that i've done before knowing Taylor as a singer.

There IS already a thread about this, called Senior Swifties... I can't post a link because I don't remember where it is exactly... but there's one.

Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

I'm 26, and there are more of us Swifties older than Taylor here (and yes, that's the thread you're looking for):

http://taylorswift.com/forum/all_things_taylor/2058501

MABUHAY ANG HIMAGSIKANG SWIFTIE!!! (LONG LIVE THE SWIFTIE REVOLUTION!!!)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am 38 turning 39 in May
    Swiftie Forever!!

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I'm 22, six months younger than Taylor.. Gonna be 23 this June.

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Taylor has so many fans come from all over around the world and they are in different ages which is a wonderful thing because no matter what is she singing she still has people loving her all the time.I'm glad that i'm a Swiftie!But i'm not that old:)