1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Places to visit in Nashville??

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM

So we are headed to Nashville for thanksgiving and I want to take my girls and nieces on a "Taylor Swift" tour. Of course we'll visit the blue bird, see her condo building, see where big machine records is.......any other good places we should hit while we're there??? Just thought we would have a day of fun driving around! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Nicole, Taylor, and Kayden

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Places to visit in Nashville??

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM

When I went to Nashville, I went to the Bluebird Cafe, The Country Hall of Fame and Museum, The Grand Ole Opry, The Pancake Pantry (it was so good!!!), and Sweet Cece's(which is also really good!!). Those were some great places and I really enjoyed it, being a HUGE fan! Have fun!!!!
    Listening to Taylor and dancing in the rain!

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Thanks!
    Nicole, Taylor, and Kayden

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Most were already mentioned, but DEFINITELY check out the Ryman Theatre, Taylor's Exhibit in the Country Music Hall Of Fame just closed, but I would still check it out. And I would check out the Capitol Grill, really great food, and it's really a landmark, not just a restaurant, and the bluebird was cool!
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I just got went there in October it was amazing and I can see why Taylor loves the city so much. While I was there I went to The Bluebird Cafe but I'm going to give you a word of warning or several actually, do NOT eat the food whatever you do the food is horrible and the kitchen was very unsanitary but sadly we didn't find that out until AFTER we ate the food, and we were just praying most of the night that we didn't spend our vacation dealing with foood posioning. It's also VERY tiny and crowded there are onlyu 25 small tables max plus two old church benches that are first come first served and if you decided to see a show which I wouldn't recommend because most of the act aren't really that good, you have to buy tickets and make reservations in advance in order to save a table. Don't get me wrong I was glad for the experience just to see where Taylor played and was discovered and her picture is hanging in there which is pretty cool, but I regret buying the tickets and paying $45 for four people to eat horrible bar food and hear subpar music in an awkward crowded environment where you felt like everyone was staring at you and there wasn't a lot of laughing or even whispering, it just wasn't a relaxing environment in my opinion. I would suggest just going there and walking around and take a little tour and take some pictures and leave I definitely wouldn't eat or see a show unless someone like Lori McKenna was playing.

I also went to the Pancake Pantry and that place get's crowded really fast we waited in line around an hour to get it and it was almost 11am when we got there, so I suggest getting there early but it's totally worth it though the pancake are awesome! I reccomend the cinnamon and spice pancakes. don't late the wait keep you from going unless it's really cold out when you're there they also have like coffee, water, and juice on a table outside for you to drink while you wait, and yes it's free lol.

We drove around Broadway and looks at all the bars and honky tonks and shops and stuff like that it was really cool to see and it's probably awesome to see at night but we never went back at night like we were planning to do, we were all dead tired I decided to turn in early as we had to leave early the next morning for the nine hour drive home.

We also went to the Country Music Hall Of Fame to see Taylor exhibit but it closed last week but it was awesome to see and there are still some of her things there that might be left like her computer and one of her dresses from some awards show, and one of her koa wood guitars it's still worth going to see especially if you're a friend of country music.

If you haven't already booked a hotel I recommed the Gaylor Opryland Resort and Hotel it's a gorgeous place and there is pretty big indoor waterfall, atrium, and even a river where you can take a riverboat ride on a small little riverboat inside the hotel it's awesome! I recommend getting a room with an atrium view they come with a balcony where you can see the atrium and the other beautiful scenery in the hotel. There are also several restaruants, a cofee bar, even a night club and an Irish Pub Bar inside, there are several shops there and a mini grocery store type place to buy tolietry and food items, and even a Best Buy vending maching with iPhone cases, charges, earbuds, batteries, all sorts of things. So completely worth the money in my opinion.