1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

It's up to Taylor!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I have seen quite a few threads/posts about Taylor changing and not being 'true to herself' with RED but honestly Taylor can do what she wants she is nearly 23!!
I don't see how people can say she isn't being true to herself because you do not personally know her, I know we all feel connected in a way to her but we don't know every thought that goes through her mind and we never will.
I just feel that it is up to Taylor for the path of her music and her career and we should support her in it.
Her career started when she was ridiculously young and its like people are expecting her to stay at a decision she made when she was 14 years old!

Here is a quote from Tay:
"If I had wanted to make the same record that I made last time around, I could have easily done that. You evolve."Besides, she continues, "nine months ago I was onstage accepting two Grammys for a song they said was too country. And now I put out a song that isn't country enough. She shrugs with gentle exasperation. - Taylor Swift on Delta Sky Magazine
I just wanted to let my opinion out, what are yours??

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: It's up to Taylor!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

AGREED SO MUCH IT HURTS.

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Thank you!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

agreed!

1:me 2:Daya 3: Kaylee 4:Heleh

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

bump

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

That's crazy! Too country, not too country? Taylor's trying out new things, whatever works best for her will be her style. You can't learn or anything if you don't try new things. Let Taylor be and do what she wants!
    ~spidergirl

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I personally really like her new style of music too, because I liked pop before I liked country. But I can understand why people are sad that her music is changing, because some people fell in love with her country music. I do think it's sad that people said "Mean" was too country though.

Av: iwasascarletletter; Sig: #1 - RedVelvet13 #2 - You'reBeautiful #3 - Me

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Well said!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I totally agree. Thank you for posting this. :)

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Agreed, I think that Taylor is doing a good job of balencing the two genres of country and pop but I agree with her! She's just evolving, it's nothing bad!
    Credit:1 Reshmi4Beiber,2 redvelvet13 & 3 lolobeen

[url=http://i45.tinypic.com/jqmkp3]http://i45.tinypic.com/jqmkp3[/url].[/signature]

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Agree

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Mean too country?? I feel bad for the people who think that....

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Agreed! It's whatever Taylor's happy with, and that's that.

1. SOUIAT 2.imeg99

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say no to b

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

tswiftnation13 wrote:
    AGREED SO MUCH IT HURTS.

YES

TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar :)

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM

well put ageed completly
    xxXAliciaXxx

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM

agreed!!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Great post I agree!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

13LongLiveTaylor13 wrote:
    Mean too country?? I feel bad for the people who think that....

A "too country" song winning country song and country solo performance? What a shock I have to say like Brad Paisley; "Too country, what's that?" :-p

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM

MosaicBrokenHearts13 wrote:
    YES. YES. YES. OMG YOU ARE MY HERO! guys you see how much taylor is hurting over this? this part is what i'm talking about, "Besides, she continues, "nine months ago I was onstage accepting two Grammys for a song they said was too country. And now I put out a song that isn't country enough." does it really matter if her music is more pop or less country than it was like 6 or 7 years ago? SHE IS GROWING UP. as sad as that sounds to you , you just have to accept it and let go. she said so herself you evolve. she still has an amazing voice, an amazing personality, and she's an amazing role model. if you can't accept her for her new style, her new hair, her new sound, then i don't know how you can call yourself a swiftie, honestly. we all change. DEAL WITH IT. i'm sorry if that was really harsh and if this is really long, i just needed to rant. thank you for your time

“I never want to change so much that people can't recognize me.” Thats also a quote from Taylor. If I didnt have her album and I heard some of her some her songs on the radio now I probably wouldnt even know that it was her and would change the station. There are a lot of fans that liked Taylor for her music and dont like pop. I dont think its very fair of you to say we arent swifties because we dont like her pop music or her straight hair. Just because we dont like that does not mean we dont still love her and support her. I dont like the new changes that she has had but I still love her just as much as I did when I first heard of her.

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Fearless13AC wrote:
    YES. YES. YES. OMG YOU ARE MY HERO! guys you see how much taylor is hurting over this? this part is what i'm talking about, "Besides, she continues, "nine months ago I was onstage accepting two Grammys for a song they said was too country. And now I put out a song that isn't country enough." does it really matter if her music is more pop or less country than it was like 6 or 7 years ago? SHE IS GROWING UP. as sad as that sounds to you , you just have to accept it and let go. she said so herself you evolve. she still has an amazing voice, an amazing personality, and she's an amazing role model. if you can't accept her for her new style, her new hair, her new sound, then i don't know how you can call yourself a swiftie, honestly. we all change. DEAL WITH IT. i'm sorry if that was really harsh and if this is really long, i just needed to rant. thank you for your time

“I never want to change so much that people can't recognize me.” Thats also a quote from Taylor. If I didnt have her album and I heard some of her some her songs on the radio now I probably wouldnt even know that it was her and would change the station. There are a lot of fans that liked Taylor for her music and dont like pop. I dont think its very fair of you to say we arent swifties because we dont like her pop music or her straight hair. Just because we dont like that does not mean we dont still love her and support her. I dont like the new changes that she has had but I still love her just as much as I did when I first heard of her.

I agree with what the girl above me said. Its very rude that you wold say people arent Swifties becuse they dont like some of her changes.
    Will everyone please welcome our newest TC member? She is AMAZING!!! Friend her for me?http://taylorswift.com/users/ap9MzWCP
    I am TaylorSwiftRocks13

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Fearless13AC wrote:

I agree w/ everything you said. With the disabilities I have, I have an extremely hard time handling change. I've gotten so much hate for this. (Mostly for not liking the straight hair, & 1 particular song.) I think everyone should be able to express their opinions on these things as long as they are respectful. We are all still true fans, just everyone is different. Everyone handles things differently. People who have a hard time with change can't necessarily help it, & we deserve respect too.
    Saying something like "We all change, deal with it!" Is mean. Every one is so different. I don't change. I can't. And I can't just "deal with it" That's not how I am. If you want to say I'm not a true fan, fine, I'm used to it now. I spent the entire summer crying over bullies saying this to me. I'm tired of these threads, & topics. Not just here, Twitter & Tumblr are far worse. So I'm a bad fan. Ok. I'll "deal with it." But at least I'm honest. At least I'm myself & not a sheep.
    (Sorry if this came out really angry, I'm just really tired of all the judging of fans lately.)
    "I'm never changin' who I am!"