1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Soul Shoppe

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Hey Guys!!!

so at my school we did this this called Soul Shoppe. Soul Shoppe is basically when a big group gets together and gets things off their chest. Its aim is to eliminate assumtions and to "lower your waterline". that refers to an iceberg, how you can only see the tip of it. so, i wanted to bbring soul shoppe to TC to get to know some swifties better!!! so if anyone wants to share their stories please do! ill go first:

So, have a really small family. literally like 10 people. most of the people close to me passed away, and the only other close family lives in Arizona, and im in California. So, thanksgiving we usually only have one person over, my uncle. really small dinner. And since my great grandma is sick, we are gunna have to travel to arizona for christmas. it kinda sucks to have christmas in a diffrent house.

anyway hopefully others will share and "lower their waterline"

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Soul Shoppe

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Hey! Arizona? That's where I'm from! :) okay...onto the serious stuff.

Today I was really excited to wear this new dress. I curled my hair and went to school feeling sparkly:) in dance, I walked over to my "friend" at the end of class...
    "what the HECK are you wearing?" she said
    "what does it LOOK like im wearing?" I said
    " a RETARDED flower dress" she said. (sorry for using that word but that is what she said:(
    I walked away , "mean" playing in my head....

I don't think she knows how she hurts me(she makes fun if my clothes a lot:(
    I don't want to start anything, so.....yeah. She basically ruined the rest of my day. And then a bunch of girls
    in English made fun of my dress too. Guess I'm not wearing that to school anymore....this was the dress:
    http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer?template=scene7-image&image=Target/14173864_is&omniZoomPartNumber=14173864&swCellSpacing=10,10&swHighlightThickness=1&swBorderThickness=0&itemTitle=Xhilaration%26reg%3B+Juniors+BodyCon+Dress+-+Mirrored+Floral&omniImageCount=1

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM

longlivetaylor...4ever&always wrote:

Today I was really excited to wear this new dress. I curled my hair and went to school feeling sparkly:) in dance, I walked over to my "friend" at the end of class...
    " a RETARDED flower dress" she said. (sorry for using that word but that is what she said:(

I don't want to start anything, so.....yeah. She basically ruined the rest of my day. And then a bunch of girls
    in English made fun of my dress too. Guess I'm not wearing that to school anymore....this was the dress:
    http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer?template=scene7-image&image=Target/14173864_is&omniZoomPartNumber=14173864&swCellSpacing=10,10&swHighlightThickness=1&swBorderThickness=0&itemTitle=Xhilaration%26reg%3B+Juniors+BodyCon+Dress+-+Mirrored+Floral&omniImageCount=1

That dress is so cute! Don't let her critism get to you! Or anyone elses! Hold your head high, and ignore them. :)

Made by LizLovesTaylor :)

Cheese =D

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I am from California Too!
    Yeah kido don't let em get you down

About me well I come from a large family but we aren't a close family! I love the colors pink&purple and sparkling things. I also love flowers You should see my room I also love animals and I collect lots of stuff too! I suck at art but I can sing or at least that's what others tell me.
    Swiftie Forever!!

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I LOVE htta dress like purple and cupcakes.... an thats saying alot. you shoul wear that ress to school no matter what others say!

ps thtanks everyone who responded... i didnt think anyone would!!

^ thanks to dearjohnlastkiss13!

1.swiftiesunite
    2.13LittleStar

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

what?! i'm in love with that dress the second i clicked the link! don't let them get to you

3: InThePouringRain 4: FearlessForever13

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

BUMP

1.swiftiesunite
    2.13LittleStar

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

come on anyone else??/

1.swiftiesunite
    2.13LittleStar

Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Stuff about me:

-I write books
    -I am a vegetarian!
    -I was born in CA
    -my favorite color is blue
    -I've been a Swiftie since 2008

Visit my graphic shop...please?

By me^^

Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM

First of all I live in Nebraska and a 8 weeks ago my grandma died and 2 weeks ago my grandpa died and my parents have been so stressed out getting their house clean to sell because it is horribly ugly and pink everywhere and I been having to clean for so long this is my first Saturday without doing anything and I im so stressed out.
    ---

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

13Wonderstruck wrote:
    First of all I live in Nebraska and a 8 weeks ago my grandma died and 2 weeks ago my grandpa died and my parents have been so stressed out getting their house clean to sell because it is horribly ugly and pink everywhere and I been having to clean for so long this is my first Saturday without doing anything and I im so stressed out.
    ---

awhhh hang in there. im going though the exact same thing. my parents are stressed cuz of my bro and my grandma just died last week. everyone in my house is always on edge and today i coulnt take it anymore and i cried

^by the AMAZING Primafacie!

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Something similar happened to me!
    I was really happy because I got my green contacts and when I walked to class my "best friend" was there so I told her,
    "Do you notice something different about me?"
    & she said:
    "Yeahh your eyes"
    & I'm like soooo do you like them?
    & she told me that I looked weird and that I had green mocus eyes
    So yeahh I got really upset and I haven't talked to her since then(this happened about a week ago) because she has also been bit*** about other things and it specially hurts when it's your "best friend" the one that's acting like that
    -& What were they thinking!? I love that dress!! You have a great sense of style gurl You shouldn't stop wearing it if you like it and I think those are not our true friends...

Me/Me/TanyahxOh :)

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM

^^^^awh :( ya ppl are mean.

BUMP

^by the AMAZING Primafacie!

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

This is a great idea! :D

I have problems walking so I'm usually in a wheelchair for long distances or busy places, and it really bothers me sometimes, I can't walk normally and I get tired really quick. But I found out I can walk on high heels, everyone always told me there was no way I could ever do that, and walking's going awesome! And last friday I walked the whole day at school, AND I DIDN'T FALL OR ANYTHING.

And this girl told me she thought it was cool I wear Taylor shirts almost every day. :D

AND ALSO, I'm so happy atm, I met a Swiftie when I was in Nashville and she's so nice, I'm in Holland and there's like no merch here. But she said she'd buy any merch I wanted and send it to me! Isn't that super nice?

AND

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

The dress is pretty and please, please, please, wear what you want, not what they want you to wear. If you stop wearing it because of that you are giving them a reason to do it

Please sign the petition
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2137191

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM

LoveLoveLoveStayStayStay wrote:
    Stuff about me:

-I write books
    -I am a vegetarian!
    -I was born in CA
    -my favorite color is blue
    -I've been a Swiftie since 2008

Lol, my fav color is blue and I am a vegetarian too :)

Visit my graphic shop...please?

By me^^

Please sign the petition

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM

MaryG'Swiftie4Ever&Always wrote:

I was really happy because I got my green contacts and when I walked to class my "best friend" was there so I told her,
    & she said:
    "Yeahh your eyes"
    So yeahh I got really upset and I haven't talked to her since then(this happened about a week ago) because she has also been bit*** about other things and it specially hurts when it's your "best friend" the one that's acting like that
    -& What were they thinking!? I love that dress!! You have a great sense of style gurl You shouldn't stop wearing it if you like it and I think those are not our true friends...

Okay girls I get you so much. Right now I have this thing with a friend. I don't know if I should say it, my things not very anonymus since my names my username but whatevers. I need someone to talk about it, cause no one around me seems to care.
    I never had any friends, I was always rejected, a bit like taylor, in elementay. But then in second year of highschool (just saying, here, it's 6 years of elementary, then 5 of high school, nothing in between) I made 2 friends. Really good friends. We spent all of our time together. We told everything to each other. We knew everything about each other...wELL I guess we still do... Anyways. One of those two girl is nice and everything. She's an amazing friend. And witht he other girl we really are like Hermione, Harry and Ron or something. The perfect trio.But the other girl is so often mean to me, and just making me cry without even realizing it or caring. We fought a lot. I told her more than once. We stopped being friends for a few days then were back together very often. But the other day, we were having a sleepover together, all the 3 of us, and things degenerate between that friend and me. We both told each other means things. I actually told her everything she's being doing that hurted me badly, cause I wasn't able to hold it anymore, after two years (I'm in fourth year of high school). She told me mean things too. She said that the last time we had fought she just tought, good ridance. It hurted me so much...
    That week-end, I felt like in a heartbreak. I ended up calling her, and we talked. she said she said that just to hurt me, and I believed her. We agreed that we had more great moments together than bads, so we better stick together. Things got okay for like 2 weeks. We were back together. And you have no idea how much we have fun together and laugh together. But she kept on hurting me, without realising it, without caring. for example, our physical education doesn't let us do the teams, which sucks. So I asked him if we could make the teams for the next sport, in exchange, we all do include a least 1 boy, because he wants it to be mixed teams. I told them that and one was so happy and we were already doing our teams. Then the other told me (twice or 3 times this week) that I was stupid and that we risked getting stuck with a girl she dislikes. And she refused to do or teams before the next class. But I mean...If you could be with 4 of your friends and RISK being with 1 person you dislike, you'd chose the friends right?? That's just one things with a lots she did that kinda hurt me and stays with me. Like the time I told them both that it really hurted me how they always did every team work together and lefted me alone. The good friend understanded, and apologize. she was like, I'm so scared of being alone, I didn't even realise I was doing that to you. And she was crying. The other was exasperated. And like "you can't seriously think like that!". When we all forgave each other, like 2 days after we had a team work in teams of 2. She looked at me in the eyes, and turned towards our friend and said" you and me: together" to her. I was so mad. So, all last week, because of many things like those one (thought the second one was an example but did not appened that week) I was sad, mad, and wondering what to do. THEN, in science we were talking about maths. we all are in advanced, and me and the good friends are bad. I was saying that it WAS bad 50% (I mean it do is 10% below the grade to pass, in Canada) and she looked at me and said I have got to talk to you. I was like okay, just hurry up at the break, to come tell me, I have something to do. She looked at me weirdlyand said: I won't hurry up for that. Which made me madder. The way she said it...I don't know, It was just rude.
    So at the break she comes and tell me, that our other friend looked kind of sad when I said that, because she has does grades too. I hadn't realised, and I felt bad about it (I later apologised to the friend). But what truly bothered me is: that friend who told me that is always getting grades like 20% higher than us, and she compains like " who I got 75% in front of us, while we both got 55% you know. and it hurts us,and we talk about it together, about how we think its rude and it sucks that she doesnt even notice. so when she told me that I told her just that, then I grabbed my coat and said " I think we are due for a break." did not tak to her since. Unfriend her on facebook. she hurted me to many times. It feels like WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER and I ALMOST DO. I don't want to suffer anymore, I bet she thinks I'll come back, while I hope I'll be strong enought not to. What do you think?

Please sign the petition

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

FlorenceDupuis wrote:
    MaryG'Swiftie4Ever&Always wrote:

& she said:
    "Yeahh your eyes"

Okay girls I get you so much. Right now I have this thing with a friend. I don't know if I should say it, my things not very anonymus since my names my username but whatevers. I need someone to talk about it, cause no one around me seems to care.
    I never had any friends, I was always rejected, a bit like taylor, in elementay. But then in second year of highschool (just saying, here, it's 6 years of elementary, then 5 of high school, nothing in between) I made 2 friends. Really good friends. We spent all of our time together. We told everything to each other. We knew everything about each other...wELL I guess we still do... Anyways. One of those two girl is nice and everything. She's an amazing friend. And witht he other girl we really are like Hermione, Harry and Ron or something. The perfect trio.But the other girl is so often mean to me, and just making me cry without even realizing it or caring. We fought a lot. I told her more than once. We stopped being friends for a few days then were back together very often. But the other day, we were having a sleepover together, all the 3 of us, and things degenerate between that friend and me. We both told each other means things. I actually told her everything she's being doing that hurted me badly, cause I wasn't able to hold it anymore, after two years (I'm in fourth year of high school). She told me mean things too. She said that the last time we had fought she just tought, good ridance. It hurted me so much...
    That week-end, I felt like in a heartbreak. I ended up calling her, and we talked. she said she said that just to hurt me, and I believed her. We agreed that we had more great moments together than bads, so we better stick together. Things got okay for like 2 weeks. We were back together. And you have no idea how much we have fun together and laugh together. But she kept on hurting me, without realising it, without caring. for example, our physical education doesn't let us do the teams, which sucks. So I asked him if we could make the teams for the next sport, in exchange, we all do include a least 1 boy, because he wants it to be mixed teams. I told them that and one was so happy and we were already doing our teams. Then the other told me (twice or 3 times this week) that I was stupid and that we risked getting stuck with a girl she dislikes. And she refused to do or teams before the next class. But I mean...If you could be with 4 of your friends and RISK being with 1 person you dislike, you'd chose the friends right?? That's just one things with a lots she did that kinda hurt me and stays with me. Like the time I told them both that it really hurted me how they always did every team work together and lefted me alone. The good friend understanded, and apologize. she was like, I'm so scared of being alone, I didn't even realise I was doing that to you. And she was crying. The other was exasperated. And like "you can't seriously think like that!". When we all forgave each other, like 2 days after we had a team work in teams of 2. She looked at me in the eyes, and turned towards our friend and said" you and me: together" to her. I was so mad. So, all last week, because of many things like those one (thought the second one was an example but did not appened that week) I was sad, mad, and wondering what to do. THEN, in science we were talking about maths. we all are in advanced, and me and the good friends are bad. I was saying that it WAS bad 50% (I mean it do is 10% below the grade to pass, in Canada) and she looked at me and said I have got to talk to you. I was like okay, just hurry up at the break, to come tell me, I have something to do. She looked at me weirdlyand said: I won't hurry up for that. Which made me madder. The way she said it...I don't know, It was just rude.
    So at the break she comes and tell me, that our other friend looked kind of sad when I said that, because she has does grades too. I hadn't realised, and I felt bad about it (I later apologised to the friend). But what truly bothered me is: that friend who told me that is always getting grades like 20% higher than us, and she compains like " who I got 75% in front of us, while we both got 55% you know. and it hurts us,and we talk about it together, about how we think its rude and it sucks that she doesnt even notice. so when she told me that I told her just that, then I grabbed my coat and said " I think we are due for a break." did not tak to her since. Unfriend her on facebook. she hurted me to many times. It feels like WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER and I ALMOST DO. I don't want to suffer anymore, I bet she thinks I'll come back, while I hope I'll be strong enought not to. What do you think?

Please sign the petition

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM

^^^ I really feel for you. I think you should dump that friend, because obviously shes not a very good one.

So, I just started going out with this boy, and. We were together before, but we broke up for awhile and got back together. And some people are really supportive of me and others are not. Like, one of my best friend really spent like him and every day she reminds me like "gabby, I hate your boyfriend." Or " why him??" And she also makes fun of ne a lot for numerous things. I know she really doesn't mean anythin by it, its just starting to bother me. I wonder if she realizes that shes hurting me, or if she is joking. I sit with her every day at lunch and I really don't want to loose her. Shes a really good friend beside all those.

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

So I'm moving to a new school next year and I'm feeling a lot of pressure from one of my best friends to go to the school she's probably going to she even told me that won't talk to me or be my friend for the ret of the year if I don't go to that school and she does. What should I do?