Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SENIOR SWIFTIES (Swifties Older Than Taylor)

Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM

I'm 27, so I guess that puts me in this category.
    'Music is the best.' - Frank Zappa

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:17 PM

little_caesar86 wrote:
    I'm 27, so I guess that puts me in this category.

It certainly does!

Fearless 10 and 11 February 2010
    Speak Now 9,10,12,13 and 14 March 2012
    Red 4, 7 and 14 December 2013

Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Taylor is older then me by 5 months, is that close enough?

Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:55 AM

26 and counting here lol!

Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:56 PM

while I don't exactly qualify, I figured I'd still post. I'm 21 :)
    hey guys!
    forever and always

Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:59 PM

AdamlovesTaylor13 wrote:
    Taylor is older then me by 5 months, is that close enough?

No. Sit at the kids' table.

Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM

mtltaylorfan13 wrote:
    while I don't exactly qualify, I figured I'd still post. I'm 21 :)
    hey guys!

Hi you also better sit at the kids' table

Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:37 AM

29 and counting!!

Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I'm 26 and can't believe I'm already that old

Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I'm married (husband likes Tay too!) and far closer to 30 than I care to admit. I'm newer to the board (signed up awhile ago but never got a chance to come on until recently) but far from a new fan. It's great to see so many "Senior Swifties" supporting her, and it's great to meet you all! :)

Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 3:36 AM

In three months I'll be 21...with 9 years experience

And for me, Taylor isn't just beautiful and sweet and, sorry to keep going on about them, but those legs! She's also an incredible song writer and performer. I'd go as far as saying that "All Too Well" would make make top five song lyrics ever, along side the likes of "Stairway To Heaven" "American Pie" "Walking in Memphis" and "Piano Man".

Just incredible.

Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM

jonbon2013 wrote:
    In three months I'll be 21...with 9 years experience

And for me, Taylor isn't just beautiful and sweet and, sorry to keep going on about them, but those legs! She's also an incredible song writer and performer. I'd go as far as saying that "All Too Well" would make make top five song lyrics ever, along side the likes of "Stairway To Heaven" "American Pie" "Walking in Memphis" and "Piano Man".

Just incredible.

Nick you are just a spring chicken on this thread! I also love All Too Well. Lyrically it and The Moment I Knew are my Red favourites.

RE: SENIOR SWIFTIES (Swifties Older Than Taylor)

Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Just saying Hi!

Been a Taylor 'fan' for a number of years as I have followed Taylor alongside my completely obsessed Swiftie daughter..... and I am proud to say I have now grown into a fully fledged Swiftie in my own right!
    I was a little unsure if I was too old to be an accepted Swiftie, but reading these posts made me realise im not! Phew! :)

I am soooooo inspired by Taylors music and lyrical genius and her music and words have reduced me to tears on a number of occasions!
    Since going to the Red Tour a couple of weeks ago - meeting Mama Swift, and then being given the ultimate prize of a pass into Club Red to meet the Queen Taylor in person... I am now unashamedly obsessed!

RE: SENIOR SWIFTIES (Swifties Older Than Taylor)

Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Senior Swifties, such as myself, are in a unique position to recognize Taylor's true talent. Although Taylor's talent speaks for itself, seniors are able to compare Taylor Swift to some of the musicians in previous generations to fully appreciate her fresh and inspiring musical gifts.

Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I'm still here. home from surgery.

Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 2:43 AM

gas8wave wrote:
    Senior Swifties, such as myself, are in a unique position to recognize Taylor's true talent. Although Taylor's talent speaks for itself, seniors are able to compare Taylor Swift to some of the musicians in previous generations to fully appreciate her fresh and inspiring musical gifts.

Very true. My first concert was the Beatles in 1964 and I have been to hundreds of concerts since. My only prior musical obsession to Taylor was Elvis from 1957.

I probably won't be alive to see it, but if she continues to grow as she has so far I think she will be recognised as being either on, or almost on, their plane of greatness by the end of her career.

Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Six months since the last post. This needs a bump.
    Off topic; this youtube should be a rant against Taylor racisium gossip.

http://youtu.be/GNflj5xw-6Q?list=PLp9jv2Ioqnya1RFKxWHPYg8Ks_9AtyZKw

Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I just turned 28 so i guess that makes me a senior

Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I am a proud older male Swiftie. I am a huge fan of Taylor's, but I have to say it is a two way street. We need and want to be included in everything Taylor too! That means Club Red, Meet & Greets, being invited over for pizza, videos etc. I was very happy to see that there were some male Swifties in the Shake It Off video ending segment. I did, however, notice that there were no older Swifities, male or female. There are Swifities 40 years old, 50 years old, and even older on TC and elsewhere. When Tay includes ALL of her fans, young and old, then all Swifities will feel the love. I am 54 years old. I have been a Swiftie since Tim McGraw was first released. I have never looked back. I am still along for the ride. Thank you Taylor for everything.
    Have a Tay Day!

Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I am 27 ;)