Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Dress Like Taylor For Less

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM

How the heck do I curl my hair like Taylor's!? Is there some secret I don't know about!!??? I've tried EVERYTHING!!
    -Music21:)
    -RFA :)

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Fearlesshannah13 wrote:
    How the heck do I curl my hair like Taylor's!? Is there some secret I don't know about!!??? I've tried EVERYTHING!!
    -Music21:)
    -RFA :)

Ditto ;)

^Amazing graphic by cloud nine :)
    P.S I was Songwriterswiftie13 :)

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Fearlesshannah13 wrote:

Have you tried a curling wand? A curling wand is a curling iron without the clamp, so your curls come out as spirals. I use the Conair Infiniti You Curl, and it works great for me. Plus, it's pretty inexpensive and it has lasted me a really long time! Another option is the Remmington T. Studio.

All you have to do is heat up the iron, and once it's ready, wrap one inch strands of your hair around the wand tightly. Hold them for about 15-30 seconds (it depends on how thick your hair is) and then release. For a better hold, hairspray the strand of hair while it's wrapped around the wand.

If your hair doesn't take curl as well, I would scrunch some curl-enhancing product into your hair before curling. Hope this helps!

P.S. - Curls work and hold better on slightly oily hair. So, it's best to wash your hair the night before!

RE: Dress Like Taylor For Less

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I would dress up like Taylor, but I'm a guy, so that would be a little weird
    "Taylor's always in my mind" If you think that as well, add me.

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

love swifty wrote:
    "Taylor's always in my mind" If you think that as well, add me.

LOL!
    xhyine / xx

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM

love swifty wrote:

Hahahah! That made me laugh

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I wanna know how to get this look:

If you could do a tutorial for it, I would be SOOOOOO happy! (Ignore the glossbalm and foundation in the corner, it was the only closeup I could find)
    click to visit my photo contest: http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/2009931

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

can you find a purple dress like the 1 she wore on tour??

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Style Guide #1 - Brentwood Country Mart (2012)
    Original Picture:

Shirt - Forever 21 ($14.80)
    Shorts - Forever 21 ($13.50)
    Sunglasses - Target ($16.99)
    Shoes - Target ($19.99)

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM

GraceLuna wrote:
    http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/MrGoodrem/TaylorSwift-MeanAC3-Palladia-1080i-TrollHDts_snapshot_0024_20110528_115253.png

Can you PM me when you finish this one?

Definitely! Would you like me to cover her clothes, makeup, or hair, or all three?

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Could you make/find a tutorial for this look? I'm talking about the make-up. I love it SO much! Thank you =)

http://popdust.com/2012/07/30/2012-pop-olympics-best-song-taylor-swift-girls-generation-justin-bieber-the-wanted/

VOOOTE!

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Great idea!

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

This is a great idea, :)
    I've been dying to know where Taylor got these two outfits, and how much they cost:

-April

[[/signature]

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

What lipstick does she use again? :/

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM

foreveraswifty13 wrote:
    I wanna know how to get this look:

If you could do a tutorial for it, I would be SOOOOOO happy! (Ignore the glossbalm and foundation in the corner, it was the only closeup I could find)

Makeup Guide #1 - Covergirl Ad 1 (2010)
    Requested by: foreveraswifty13
    Original picture:

1) Start out with a clean, makeup-free face. Apply a face primer, if desired.

2) Apply a foundation in your shade. Taylor is wearing Covergirl Natureluxe in Alabaster.

3) Apply a light pink or coral colored blush to your cheeks.

4) Apply a primer (if desired) to your eyelids. (Primer brightens the eyeshadow colors and makes them last longer!)

5) With a flat shader brush, apply a neutral light brown eyeshadow to your lids. Then, take an eyeliner brush and sweep some shadow on your lower lashline.

6) Take a solid black eyeliner pencil and line your waterline. Then, take a black liquid eyeliner and carefully line your upper lashline.

7) Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler. Then, apply a solid black or dark brown mascara on the top and bottom lashes. (Taylor is wearing NatureLuxe Mascara)

8) Finish off with a light peach or light pink lipstick and some gloss.

You're finished!

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Hoshine wrote:
    Could you make/find a tutorial for this look? I'm talking about the make-up. I love it SO much! Thank you =)

Makeup Guide #2 - Covergirl Ad 5 (2012)
    Requested by: hoshine
    Original Picture:

NOTE: This is a hard look to explain. It's a lot easier if you have the picture in front of you while putting on the makeup so you can refer to it!
    1) Start out with a clean face. Apply a foundation in your shade. Use a foundation brush to evenly distribute the makeup on your face.

2) Conceal any blemishes. Use a light pink blush and apply it just to the apples of your cheeks, flicking the brush slightly toward your cheekbones to contour.

3) Apply an eyelid primer. (This is crucial if you want the eyeshadow to last all day/night.)

4) Use a pencil brush and apply a shimmery white shadow to the inner corner of your eyelid. Extend the shadow to your lower lashline (use the picture for reference).

5) Apply a dark gray shadow (shimmer is optional) to your outer third of your eyelid and to your crease.

6) This is the tricky part. It's a lot easier if you place a two pieces of scotch tape - one diagonally from your lashline extending up and one from the outer third of your lid. The pieces of tape should meet to form a cat-eye shape. (also refer to the picture!) Then, take a dark gray or black shadow, and with a shader brush, fill in the area of the tape. It should look like cat-eye if you did it correctly.

7) Line your waterline and tightline with a black eyeliner pencil. Then, use liquid eyeliner on the upper lashline. Try to stay as close to your lashline as possible. Flick out the pen slightly once you get to the end of your lid to contour the cat-eye shape.

8) Curl your lashes and apply a black volumizing mascara to your top and bottom lashes. Or, you could use false lashes!

9) Use a soft pink lipstick followed with gloss on your lips.

You're finished! If you have any questions, just let me know!

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Aprilc16 wrote:
    This is a great idea, :)
    I've been dying to know where Taylor got these two outfits, and how much they cost:

Style Guide #2 - Shopping At Neil Lane (2012)
    Requested by: Aprilc16
    Original Picture:

Jeans - Wet Seal ($26.50)
    Shirt - Sourcing Map ($11.29)
    Shoes - ModCloth ($39.99)
    Sunglasses - Amazon ($3.35)

Style Guide #3 - Huckleberry Bakery & Cafe
    Original Picture:

Taylor got the exact dress from Anthropologie for $158.00. (LINK) I've been having a hard time finding a similar match, but any pink halter dress possibly?

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Allirulz wrote:
    can you find a purple dress like the 1 she wore on tour??

what about mine????

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Could you show me how to do the make up for this? Thx!