Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

School experiences regarding Taylor

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Have you ever had a situation during class that brought up Taylor?

For example, Today my English teacher kept teasing me about Taylor because I kept using her as an example for everything that was happening.
MaleSwiftieForLife

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: School experiences regarding Taylor

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

"If you could have lunch with anyone you wanted, who would it be?"

"Taylor Swift."
    - mutsuo :)

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

TOTALLY

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I don't know if this belongs here but I remember being asked to perform for Arts Night at my high school. I was nervous but I didn't want to let the girl down, so I proposed the idea of performing "Safe & Sound". That was my first performance in front of a large crowd, and it went really well!! :) So definitely a good "school experience" regarding Taylor :)

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM

lovex3ts wrote:
    I don't know if this belongs here but I remember being asked to perform for Arts Night at my high school. I was nervous but I didn't want to let the girl down, so I proposed the idea of performing "Safe & Sound". That was my first performance in front of a large crowd, and it went really well!! :) So definitely a good "school experience" regarding Taylor :)

Wow, that's awesome! Singing Safe and sound must of been pretty hard, not to mention in front of a crowd.
    MaleSwiftieForLife

Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM

My school had a talent show that I was lucky enough to be apart of yesterday. They had a little skit/commentary thing going on during the show to announce the acts and one of the characters was a strong swiftie who had several lines asking about someone singing a Taylor song.

Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I don't know if this counts but half of my langauge arts papers were about Taylor. During Social Studies today, my teacher played a song and when up to the 1980's I think and he asked us what we would add to the song that would be in our time and I said Taylor Swift. And sometimes my language arts teacher asks me things and my answer is always Dancing with the Stars or Taylor Swift, which she's fine with it because she likes both of my answers too. My math teacher would let us share a talent in class and I sang You Belong with Me.

Sig 1:Swiftlookalike Sig 2:KIKI Sig 3:R5FanGirl Avi:Allyouareismean

Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:02 AM

From my first high school (I was there from Year 7 to halfway through Year 10):
    I started listening to Taylor in early 2008, which was Year 9 for me... By Christmas that year, everyone used to call me Swifty Duff Girl, because I loved Taylor and also Hilary Duff. This was BEFORE Taylor fans really got called Swifties, too!! But we all used to hand out Christmas cards, and in December 2008 most of my Christmas cards were addressed to Swifty Duff Girl... The school had over 2,000 kids, and most of them didn't know my name, but would come up to me and ask if I was the girl who loved Taylor and Hilary :p

From my second high school (I was there from halfway through Year 10 to Year 12):
    The day after I saw the Fearless Tour (Feb 10, 2010 - I was in Year 11) there was an article about it in one of the popular newspapers in Melbourne. My teacher had it, and was flicking through it, and he was like "Oh, Taylor Swift played a concert in Melbourne last night. I don't really know her music but did anyone go to that?!" And everyone was just like "JESSSSSSSSSSSSICAA." Haha.

On my English exam for Year 11, we had to write an essay about how it is natural for people to stereotype and assume things about people, and I used Taylor as an example in my essay. I don't remember exactly what I wrote, but I got 100% on my exam! :D

By the end of Year 11, I'm pretty sure my English teacher knew every single Taylor song. We were always allowed to play music in his class and every time I got the chance I would put Taylor music on.

In Year 11, we had a talent show and I sang I'd Lie and I won third place :)

There was also one time after this in Year 11 when one of my teachers was all like "congrats" and asked me to sing some Taylor songs in class (awkward but brilliant)...

In Year 11, my Business teacher got married, and about 2 months before her wedding she would always ask if we could listen to the Taylor songs on my iPod in class. We always did (which was great) and then like a week before her wedding, she told me that the reason was she had never heard any Taylor songs before, other than Love Story, but really wanted her first dance at her wedding to be a Taylor song! :D She chose Two Is Better Than One! :D

In year 12 I was pretty focused on school and my education, but I did skip school to buy Taylor tickets, and my new English teacher asked me in front of my entire class what it was about Taylor that made me want to see her concert multiple times...

This year (I'm in uni) at my brother's parent-teacher-student conference night, my Year 12 English teacher asked me about the concerts & then called over a few of my other teachers so I could tell them all about meeting Taylor :p

This year - Uni
    Not a lot really, but I forgot to put my phone on silent for my personal development seminar the other week & the girl that sits next to me sent me a message because she didn't want to say it out loud, and my phone started playing The Story Of Us. OOPS. :P
    -------------

Jess || Australia
    Spoke to Taylor on the phone on 16 February 2012
    Met Taylor on 12 March 2012
    Held Taylor's hand on 13 March 2012

Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

OH YEAH..
    We were watching that Joseph Kony video and when Taylor Swift came up, my boyfriend looked back at me, and my best friend nudged my elbow. HARD. She's got a pointy elbow...lol. :)
    I'm sure we all have a whole list of these situatuions. I do...

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

yes
    Swifyforever&always13

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

yup.
    my english teacher likes to imitate taylor's surprised face, like when she wins an award. and my psychology teacher doesnt like taylor so whenever they play taylor songs in the morning on my schools radio station she complains about her and then we get into a whole big discussion. and most of my school knows me as an obsessed taylor fan :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    previously SpeakNow_LoveLoveLove13

5/14/10. 7/19/11. 10/23/12.

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

ExitWounds13 wrote:
    yup.
    my english teacher likes to imitate taylor's surprised face, like when she wins an award. and my psychology teacher doesnt like taylor so whenever they play taylor songs in the morning on my schools radio station she complains about her and then we get into a whole big discussion. and most of my school knows me as an obsessed taylor fan :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    previously SpeakNow_LoveLoveLove13

5/14/10. 7/19/11. 10/23/12.

Lol.

Click Here: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2659113/?h=l&r=26434723#post_26434723
    BlueBell

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My teacher complimented on my TS PawPrint Keds. :)

Click Here: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2659113/?h=l&r=26434723#post_26434723
    BlueBell

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM

On a math test a few years ago:

Last year, Taylor Swift sold something million copies of her album Fearless. Please write the number in scientific notation.

Me:
    I SPOKE NOW on 6/25/11

Loving him was RED

7/27/13 will be RED

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yeah, sometimes they're good sometime's they're not

Thank you autumnleavesfalling!

I'm so excited to see her at a stadium

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM

one of our englsih reading excercieses contaiend a text about taylor.

I. FREAKED. OUT. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

My history teacher showed us a video about the terms of the Treaty of Versailles and each term had a song to go with it. Since Germany wasn't allowed to unite with Austria again, WANEGBT was used for that term.

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

We had a word problem and it was a bunch of clues and somebody had the number 13 as a lucky number and the teacher asked "Who has the lucky number?"

*Le raises hand* : Taylor Swift

*Death glares from every Directioner in the room*

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM

13FlashbacksAndEchoes13 wrote:
    We had a word problem and it was a bunch of clues and somebody had the number 13 as a lucky number and the teacher asked "Who has the lucky number?"

*Le raises hand* : Taylor Swift

*Death glares from every Directioner in the room*

haha, that kind of thing happens to me a lot

Me | Me | Joni
    Rest in Peace Jenna

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

feelingluckytoday wrote:
    My teacher complimented on my TS PawPrint Keds. :)

BlueBell

My teacher complemented me on my taylor keds, too!

^L

Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM

We made a poster of our "Wildest Dreams" (we were learning about Langston Hughes's "A Dream Deferred") where we made a collage of pictures showing the things we could only imagine having in a dream. So I made my poster in the shape of a guitar and I put Taylor at the top where the head of the guitar is, and I talked about her, and why she's my favorite person and my wildest dream is to meet her. Before that 2 weeks ago, this guy in my class was like "Taylor only writes about her ex's" I totally flipped out on him and said "Tommy I can name you so many songs off the top of my head that aren't about love." And everyone started laughing. So on the day I presented my "Wildest Dreams" poster, my teacher said "Oh so that's why you were defending her so much, I didn't know you loved her THAT much!" And I was like yeah. hahahaha. Oh also me and one of my guy friends were watching her IKYWT music video and he was reciting her little speech at the beginning of it with me and we started dancing and singing it. Hahah it was great.
    (

(Credit to Taylorheart13)

I was FEARLESS on May 1st, 2010
    I SPOKE NOW on June 30, 2011 and November 17, 2011.
    I will burn RED on September 13, 2013.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.