Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Re: Taylor Facts

Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 8:20 PM

All_Too_Well_13 wrote:
    Taylor drinks so much water during the week, she keeps a case of it in her car.

She likes to eat healthy during the week but will go a little crazy on the junk food and soda on weekends

Only diet Coke though. She's always liked it, that's why she decided to promote it. It's still unhealthy though. It's probably even worse than regular soda because of the fake sugar. I wouldn't promote it but she likes it and probably thinks it's healthier than regular soda so that's probably why she does it. And she promotes milk too so that's good. I have to admit though, I hate milk. I drink soda mostly and not diet. haha Oh, and she also tries to be healthy by excising (so that she's not panting on stage because she says that's not cute) so she has a treadmill on her tour bus but she hates using it because she hates excising (and she says she'll never diet either because she likes food too much to only eat bird seed so if she wants to eat a burger or something she will but she still tries to eat healthy anyway) so she has to force herself to use it. She does like hiking though because she thinks that's more fun than a treadmill or playing sports since they're not her thing. She'll try anything but she doesn't think she's good at sports. And here's some new non-health related facts from the video of her at the hospital with a cancer patient the other day. Her parents almost named her Shelby (she mentioned that because the girl's name was Shelby and I think they picked it because it used to be more of a unisex name like Taylor) but decided against it because they didn't want her to be made fun of since it sounds like she'll be swift and what if she wasn't a fast runner and I believe they also considered Alison (Alison Taylor I think and then switched them) after Andrea's older sister but then decided that should be her middle name instead probably because it's not gender neutral and Taylor is. Plus her mom liked James Taylor. The other thing she said was that she used to fall asleep during her guitar lessons as a kid because it was so boring to her to learn note by note. It wasn't until that guy Ronnie taught her three chords that she started playing for good because she thought it was a lot easier to learn that way and she wished she had Youtube to help her like 'kids these days' do. haha Oh, and she said she likes birds but wouldn't want to own one as a pet. :) ~ ?Alyssa

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Taylor Facts

Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM

All_Too_Well_13 wrote:
    Taylor had to fight with her label to let her put Sweeter Than Fiction out because they kept telling her "no new music until the album drops" She obviously won and they let her put it out.

Good. I'd probably be dead without it.

Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Just a few more facts I know:

Taylor can't read music, she trains herself by ear

When Taylor packs her suitcase, she rolls her clothes instead of folding them

If one of Taylor's friends makes a comment about wanting something, Taylor writes it down and gets it for them for Christmas

She spent Christmas 2010 crying. When asked about it in an interview, she responded "I am not gonna get into it, it's really sad!" (I'm going to take a guess it was over Jake G)

If she could go back to any point in her life, it would be when she was 5

Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Some more:

If Taylor says what "indie record" she was referring to in WANEGBT, it would completely give away who the song's subject is. (I think after a year and a half, we ALL know who it's about)

Taylor sometimes doesn't tell friends or family if a line in a song is about them

She watches Glee

When touring, Taylor eats a lot in the beginning of the day and not so much at the end

"I Heart ?" was written in the spring or summer 2003

RE: Re: Taylor Facts

Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:52 PM

All_Too_Well_13 wrote:
    Some more:

If Taylor says what "indie record" she was referring to in WANEGBT, it would completely give away who the song's subject is. (I think after a year and a half, we ALL know who it's about)

Taylor sometimes doesn't tell friends or family if a line in a song is about them

She watches Glee

When touring, Taylor eats a lot in the beginning of the day and not so much at the end

"I Heart ?" was written in the spring or summer 2003

Summer 2004 actually or shortly before. I was the one that told Taylor-swiftfacts.tumblr.com that and they mis-quoted me. haha You can tell that's when it was written not only because that's when it was put on a demo CD (and also when she supposedly performed it at the Abercrombie and Fitch/Vanity fair launch party when she was in their magazine) but also because you can actually see it written on the back of her hand in a photoshoot taken during that time. There was another thread about it on here once but I don't know how many people realized that, they're pictures most of us have probably seen (the ones where she's in a navy blue tank top and jeans and other outfits like a silky white shirt, a green shirt, a pink one that says blonde etc. some of which used to be in her website intro before she became famous) but it's kinda hard to see. It's funny to think she really did write I heart ? on the back of her hand though. haha

Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Taylor collected beanie babies when she was little (I still have mine!)

She didn't ever plan on releasing 'Ronan' after she wrote it

The reason Taylor said "there'll be 14 songs on it...I think" at the Speak Now web chat is because she wrote 'Never Grow Up' the night before

The line Taylor is most proud of from RED is..."And you call me up again just to break me like a promise/so casually cruel in the name of being honest"

She doesn't think about her wedding day very often

Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:08 AM

13Hearts4Taylor wrote:
    Taylors writes songs related to her lifes' experiences and incidents

Taylor was raised in a christmas tree farm

thats the best she was raised on a christmas tree farm seriously thats so awesome

Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM

All_Too_Well_13 wrote:
    Just a few more facts I know:

Taylor can't read music, she trains herself by ear

When Taylor packs her suitcase, she rolls her clothes instead of folding them

If one of Taylor's friends makes a comment about wanting something, Taylor writes it down and gets it for them for Christmas

She spent Christmas 2010 crying. When asked about it in an interview, she responded "I am not gonna get into it, it's really sad!" (I'm going to take a guess it was over Jake G)

If she could go back to any point in her life, it would be when she was 5

shes amazing i roll my clothes too

Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM

summer_swift wrote:
    Roger Teo wrote:
    This fact is awesome. "When Taylor was 14, her parents bought her her first laptop. She became so obsessed with it, Andrea was forced to turn the wifi off at 9pm every night. Taylor would sneak downstairs and turn it back on until she got caught"

Haha XD !!! x

we just have so much in common i did that with starfox64

Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Taylor's favorite time of day is morning

She makes the same surprised face she has at award shows when she comes up with Ideas in the studio

If Taylor could only leave the house with 3 items, she'd choose her contacts, her phone and a sharpie

Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 6:38 AM

-She's an award-winning poet.
    - Taylor Swift's dad Scott owns 3% of her record label.
    -Taylor's grandma was an opera singer.
    -Taylor Swift was the first 'Saturday Night Live' host to ever write their own monologue.

JellySwift01

Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Her favourite disney movie is Lion King

She has a giant birdcage in her house

:D :D :D

please help a desperate, heartbroken guy

Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM

If anyone can please help me. My girlfriend is a huge Taylor Swift fan, and she is thinking about giving up on us. I am 24 years old and she is 22. I know what we have is true love, I never thought a feeling like this could exist. If anyone could help by tweeting at Taylor asking to help @blaes_182 . Please, I'm desperate, thank you. -Joe blaes

Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Taylor doesn't keep her phone on her while she's drinking

Her condo is less than a mile from Music Row

She trained in English Horseback riding when she was younger (Is there anything she CAN'T do?)

When Taylor was once at a sleepover, her friends decided to go next door and get beer from their neighbor. She freaked out and asked to call her mom to come get her

She loves the movie Mean Girls

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM

She washes her hair every one and a half days. (She said it on Ellen! haha I'm not that creepy).
    She likes to dip her fries in Wendy's frosty's.
    Ironically enough, I think she got a B as a final grade in History!
    She has a magnet on her refrigerator door that says "It's better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho all your life." which I think is totally awesome.

My personal fave: Once in high school, she was walking by her crush and while she was making some serious eye contact with him her flip flop fell off and she almost tripped and it was mortifying haha.

...I think that's some of the creepiest facts I know about TayTay. Ha.

Oh, and her favorite song (or at least used to be) is Can't Tell me Nothin' by Tim McGraw!

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Whenever Taylor sees historic marker signs in Nashville, she stops and parks her car to read them

She wrote 39 songs in her spare time the month RED came out

Taylor and Ed never really talk on the phone, they just text

The farm that her family owned in Reading was built in the 1850's

Taylor got her contacts in 9th Grade

"Ronan" was written in the summer of 2011

the "R' on Taylor's varsity jacket she wears during "22" on the Red Tour stands for "Ronan"

Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM

All_Too_Well_13 wrote:
    Whenever Taylor sees historic marker signs in Nashville, she stops and parks her car to read them

She wrote 39 songs in her spare time the month RED came out

Taylor and Ed never really talk on the phone, they just text

The farm that her family owned in Reading was built in the 1850's

Taylor got her contacts in 9th Grade

"Ronan" was written in the summer of 2011

the "R' on Taylor's varsity jacket she wears during "22" on the Red Tour stands for "Ronan"

Ronan was actually written in October 2011 or later because the line where she says it's almost Halloween came from his mom's blog from a few days before Halloween 2011. That was the first Halloween since he died and every year before he had been a character from Star wars and she was wondering which one he would've been that year. Coincidentally, he dressed up as Chewbacca in 2008 (when he was 1) just like Taylor and Abigail did. :)

Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM

RE: Taylor Facts

Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:57 AM

Haunted is about New Moon :))

RE: Taylor Facts

Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM

RememberingSunday wrote:
    Haunted is about New Moon :))

Um, no. haha It's about a guy she dated. Joe Jonas I'm pretty sure. :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.