Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM

That's a great question. I personally Roll my windows down, and blast Taylor Swift at 50/64 on my stereo. Which can be heard a bout a 4-5 car radius. I especially like to do this in parking lots and what not. I get all sorts of looks, but I just shake it off. I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse, and I'm actually considering putting the number "13" on my doors, and adding racing stripes, so it looks like a race car, but a swiftie version. That's just an Idea, my friend works with cars, and I can get it done pretty cheap. I don't own any T-shirts or anything, but mostly because there's a limited selection for guys.

LongLiveTheMagic13 wrote:
    Hi! Just out of curiosity, how many male swifties make it ovbious that they like Taylor in public? Because a few of my friends who are guys like Taylor but don't really admit it, or just pretend they don't. Like the other day in science a boys ringtone was Everything Has Changed and it went off really loudly, and he just kept saying "urghh my sister keeps setting this as the ringtone." Which was clearly not true (um he doesn't have a sister). I was just wondering why people try to hide it? I personally think its great that Taylor has so many male fans!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Taylor Swift literally changed my life. Check out the about section in my profile!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Vinny Morris wrote:
    That's a great question. I personally Roll my windows down, and blast Taylor Swift at 50/64 on my stereo. Which can be heard a bout a 4-5 car radius. I especially like to do this in parking lots and what not. I get all sorts of looks, but I just shake it off. I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse, and I'm actually considering putting the number "13" on my doors, and adding racing stripes, so it looks like a race car, but a swiftie version. That's just an Idea, my friend works with cars, and I can get it done pretty cheap. I don't own any T-shirts or anything, but mostly because there's a limited selection for guys.

Hi! Just out of curiosity, how many male swifties make it ovbious that they like Taylor in public? Because a few of my friends who are guys like Taylor but don't really admit it, or just pretend they don't. Like the other day in science a boys ringtone was Everything Has Changed and it went off really loudly, and he just kept saying "urghh my sister keeps setting this as the ringtone." Which was clearly not true (um he doesn't have a sister). I was just wondering why people try to hide it? I personally think its great that Taylor has so many male fans!

Taylor Swift literally changed my life. Check out the about section in my profile!

When I'm in my car, I'm the exact same way. I just still have a hard time wearing my Swiftie shirt. Being in a car is just not as personal, I guess.

1. Rix avatar Rix

Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Male Swiftie here in Denver. I've been playing it non-stop on my drive to and from work everyday since I got the deluxe CD. Still haven't settled on one I like the most. This Love strikes a chord but so does I Wish You Would, Welcome to New York, Blank Space, I Know Places,, Clean, okay ... the whole album. What a great touch the voice memos are!

I wonder when she records does she record all the tracks and later brings the backup vocals in?
    #NineteenEighteenNine In Denver September 5, 2015

Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Vinny Morris wrote:
    Male Swiftie here.

Taylor's music is about having fun, being yourself, the pursuit of love, through the good and the bad. And all of that can be appreciated by everyone. I think it would be cool to see more of us. We could say cool stuff like "Do you even swift bro?"

"Do you even Swift bro?" lol that made my night! I admire all you guys for being true swifties!

Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I love Taylor Swift and I'm a guy. None of my friends like her though, they just think her music is for preteen girls. I'm not afraid to admit that I like Taylor though, everyone knows about it and I'm pretty sure they're sick of hearing it.

Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

I'm a 30 year old male Taylor Swift fan and I absolutely love her. I'm not embarrassed to show it either. I go out in public and wear her tour shirts and everything. My friends don't listen to country or pop music, but they don't mind Taylor. I got two coworkers who don't hate her, but don't like that she went full pop and wishes she stayed with country. I got two older brothers who just like other siblings are suppose to diss whatever you like, but I'm sure they like her to they just do it to hear me go nuts. My oldest brother mother in law doesn't like her though. I usually keep quiet about that, because we barely talk anyways.
    30 year old male Taylor Swift fan and darn proud of it.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM

MaleSwifty30 wrote:
    I'm a 30 year old male Taylor Swift fan and I absolutely love her. I'm not embarrassed to show it either. I go out in public and wear her tour shirts and everything. My friends don't listen to country or pop music, but they don't mind Taylor. I got two coworkers who don't hate her, but don't like that she went full pop and wishes she stayed with country. I got two older brothers who just like other siblings are suppose to diss whatever you like, but I'm sure they like her to they just do it to hear me go nuts. My oldest brother mother in law doesn't like her though. I usually keep quiet about that, because we barely talk anyways.

I am even older (admit I am the wrong side of 40) but I had no idea just how young Taylor was when I first heard her singing. I fell in love with her voice and have been a fan ever since her first album and I too am not ashamed to admit to liking her. I do get some weird responses from some people such as "Aren't you a little 'old' to like her' which I find a bit insulting although most of my friends like her, or did until 1989 (but they are more for C & W. I shall be there in Manchester proudly wearing my t-shirt and I don't give a damn.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi!

My husband isn't ashamed at all to sing along to Taylor with me! :) Gender doesn't matter. The love for her music does!
    I think I am finally clean.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I love Clean and New Romantics off the 1989 DLX CD. It has been on repeat as I Drive to work.I am Also a 40 + Male Fan its interesting watching the looks on my daughters friends faces when i start singing Taylor's songs with them. Sometimes i don't think my girls think its funny though. hey but i am a DAD...
    Doug Rosevear
    AKA Scoobydug

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM

bravelyswift wrote:

Gender doesn't matter. The love for her music does!

Nicely put

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Taylors13Hearts wrote:
    I'm a young lad on this forum, and I've found a few other guys, but I just want to know, are you a proud male swiftie? I'm feeling a bit isolated here.
    if you are a girl, post about how much you appreciate male swifties, or how you think there are not enough (or even too many!)
    In a perfect world, a man or a woman can love and have a passion for whatever music they desire, and can be whole-heartedly embraced for it. :D

[edit]: It's been a while, and after some years this is a huge response, so thank you all for your well-wishing words, and Stay strong swifties!

Want more? Check out this thread if you can: http://taylorswift.com/forum/all_things_taylor/2179391
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Be my friend? Add me anytime you like!
    She missed my tanned skin and sweet smile...:(

Taylor has certainly found a way to motivate Male Swifties to not be ashamed to call themselves fans, she really wanted that sales record.

Taylor's first Kiss in over 20 months was with Madonna's Leftovers

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I'm one! 34 years old and from north Carolina!
    Swiftie Spears

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Mike51092 wrote:
    ScubaStu wrote:
    All of us "Male Swifties" need to remember ---The best part of being a male Swiftie is the empty bath rooms at her concerts--even after the make 3/4 of them Women's rooms....

This literally gave me a good chuckle. Also, male Swifty here.

I am a mature FEMALE swiftie and due to social phobia, would not even visit the toilets and yep that means, I didn't even take a drink of water, when I saw her twice this year!

you can't enjoy the rainbow without the rain.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Vinny Morris wrote:

Even though I am a female, I am a mature swifitie and married and so, I get the weird looks and yep I long to have her at top volume so everyone can hear but have to do with her in my ears lol
    you can't enjoy the rainbow without the rain.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Does not bother me what other people think. I walk a lot, especially in the summer, and more often than not wear one of my Taylor t-shirts while out. I do get the odd look but not from younger people, it's more from people of my own age. i also have my mp3 player on with the volume cranked up (yes, I should know better at my age) and sometimes get carried away. Taylor's music is such fun and makes me happy which is what it is all about.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I need a guy in my life who loves Taylor as much as I do... I swear, if the guy I end up getting married to doesn't AT LEAST respect her, we will not have a happy marriage.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM

krissy1598 wrote:
    I need a guy in my life who loves Taylor as much as I do... I swear, if the guy I end up getting married to doesn't AT LEAST respect her, we will not have a happy marriage.

I think the exact same thing with females. If the girl I marry does not respect Taylor and accept that's she a big thing in my life.... It's bye bye! :D

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I'm a proud male Swiftie. I do feel that us guys get judged a lot though. Like some people say "your a guy, it's wrong to like Taylor, she's only for girls"

But I wear her tee shirts out and about, sing her songs proudly and I'll happily admit to anyone who asks that I'm a huge Taylor fan. :)

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM

HellaGoodSwiftie1989 wrote:
    I'm a proud male Swiftie. I do feel that us guys get judged a lot though. Like some people say "your a guy, it's wrong to like Taylor, she's only for girls"

But I wear her tee shirts out and about, sing her songs proudly and I'll happily admit to anyone who asks that I'm a huge Taylor fan. :)

That is exactly why Taylor made these gifs for us male fans, and it's the main reason why you are here now right?

Taylor's first Kiss in over 20 months was with Madonna's Leftovers

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I'm a male SWIFTIE and im very proud! I'm not embaressed to wear her tour shirts. I got one from SN and RED. I'm going to the 1989 world tour and I'm so excited! We shouldn't be judged as we are as equal as everyone else in this family
    Male Swiftie//Rare Species