Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 4:31 AM

why do we need to be embarrassed about it?

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Everybody I know, knows that I am a big T.S. fan. I have pride and no shame. Everybody can agree that her music is very fun to listen to anyway. Regardless if they're a fan or not. I'm the only male fan I know in real life, lol.

Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 5:54 AM

I HAVE FOUND MY HOME
    -Bryan Flanagan-

Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Well,another male swifty here^

Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM

It's exciting to see how many male swifties there are. I am the only one that I know that is full on swiftie ( wear my Taylor hoodie everyday). Most of my guy friends will sing along when we are in my car which I have to say is fun. If you have never had your 3 best guy friends all singing shake it off at the top of thier lungs you need to try it.

Thanks for reading!!!!!!

I can't wait for my next T.S. Concert, one of my guy friends actually wants to go with me.

Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:10 PM

I've been here for over a year, and I don't plan to stop visiting. I've said this in the Male Swifties thread before and I'll say it again: there's no shame about listening to a smoking-hot blonde singing love songs to a guy listener. 1989 has a bunch of that. She also strives to be a good person, which is refreshing. And... honestly, it's either looking at pictures of TS, who is very easy on the eyes, or turn on the news and see the "relevant real world" of bombings, murder, protests, and political idiocy.

Calvin Harris is a very, very, very lucky fellow.
    -- o.o

Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Orlov wrote:
    I've been here for over a year, and I don't plan to stop visiting. I've said this in the Male Swifties thread before and I'll say it again: there's no shame about listening to a smoking-hot blonde singing love songs to a guy listener. 1989 has a bunch of that. She also strives to be a good person, which is refreshing. And... honestly, it's either looking at pictures of TS, who is very easy on the eyes, or turn on the news and see the "relevant real world" of bombings, murder, protests, and political idiocy.

I have to agree, with this. To be fair most of my favorite artists are female. I enjoy the female singing voice more than males for the most part.

Unrelated, but my guy friends always love to tell me when they have just recently jammed out to a TSwift song, which is always amusing. One of them even went and bought 1989 to listen to in his car!

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 5:31 PM

stateofswiftie wrote:
    Orlov wrote:

I have to agree, with this. To be fair most of my favorite artists are female. I enjoy the female singing voice more than males for the most part.

Unrelated, but my guy friends always love to tell me when they have just recently jammed out to a TSwift song, which is always amusing. One of them even went and bought 1989 to listen to in his car!

Cheers.

I listen to How You Get The Girl song the most in the car, I confess. Not that I really expect to get a girl doing precisely what TS says, that would be silly, but it's tongue-in-the-cheek-funny to listen about how to get a girl from the girl every guy hopes to get.
    -- o.o

Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:17 AM

Orlov, if only it worked like that. Just follow Taylor's tutorial on how to get the girl.. then you get Taylor.

Have you you ever heard the song "I Wish (my Taylor Swift)" by the Knocks? Its all about finding your own Taylor Swift lol

Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Yeah i'm a male fan, there were surprisingly quite a few guys at the concert this year in Adelaide

Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Gay Male Swiftie here!

Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM

I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift, and I am not a teenager, nor female. I am 50 and think that Taylor is the best entertainer of modern times. She is absolutely flawless. Unlike other female artists, Taylor has class and is a true lady. She is sexy, but not in a "whorish" way. She dresses properly and looks beautiful no matter what she's wearing. She doesn't let it all hang out. Whereas other artists have professional song writers write their music, Taylor writes all her own music from her life experiences. She goes to many hospitals, uses her own time to cheer up others who are ill. She gives generously to many different charities. She isn't a drunk, or a drug user. Doesn't even smoke. Taylor is a great role model to young people. She is a good person, through and through. It would truly be an honor to know her.
    And then there is her music. From her first country album to the pop 1989 album, I have loved every single song that she has produced. Every song is gold. It is impossible for her to produce a song that sucks. Her voice is like an angel singing. Most beautiful female voice I have ever heard in all my 50 years.
    I was heartbroken when she left country, as I have loved her music since day 1. I never really listen to pop music, if I'm not listening to Taylor, then I am listening to classic rock. I swore I would not purchase the 1989 album. But I finally caved in and bought the CD. I am so glad I did. I love this record just as much, if not more than her 5 studio albums.
    She is perfect in every possible way, and I can't say enough about her.
    BUT ALL MY MALE FRIENDS MAKE FUN OF ME! They get tired of hearing me talk about her and seeing my posts about her on Facebook. They think I have gone soft because I don't play Led Zeppelin and Van Halen all the time anymore. I want to shout from the rooftops about how awesome Taylor Swift is, but nobody in my life wants to hear about it. I feel like I have to keep this all inside, and I am so glad I found this blog. It's nice to know that there are other guys out there that feel the way I do about the almighty Taylor Swift!

Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Brian16 wrote:
    Yeah i'm a male fan, there were surprisingly quite a few guys at the concert this year in Adelaide

I think that's because traditionally she's sung music that women would be more interested in. A lot of her songs are inspired by failed relationships, and whatever the quality of the music, it's hard for a straight guy to relate to music that's about being dumped by a guy or that was inspired by being dumped by a guy, or based on a past relationship with a guy.

I think I like the technical aspects of the Red album even more than 1989, but 1989 was when I got aboard. 1989 is often singing to a guy listener. There are some songs in Red I could relate to, but most I couldn't.

I do agree with Oakdog that who she is plays a huge role for most people. She's very visible and very powerful, but tries to put that to good use. Highly attractive blue-eyed blondes are a staple of show biz, but she's a lot more than that.

stateofswiftie, I'll be lucky to get a good woman at all, much less TS. I am not sure what a superstar/supermodel/superleader woman like her would want with an extreme introvert who's three inches shorter than her. I admire the woman but I am not delusional lol.
    -- o.o

Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Orlov wrote:

stateofswiftie, I'll be lucky to get a good woman at all, much less TS. I am not sure what a superstar/supermodel/superleader woman like her would want with an extreme introvert who's three inches shorter than her. I admire the woman but I am not delusional lol.

It's all about finding your personal Taylor Swift. I am happy to say I found mine. We are getting married in may, and most of our playlist is Taylor Songs. Trust me some day you will find someone who is your Taylor Swift. I would be happy to just some day meet her! Your Taylor will appreciate you for all of you

"if you don't know the words, just mumble"

-Taylor Swift on the 1989 Would Tour, Columbus

Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I'm male and I just recently joined here. I've been a casual listener of Taylor's music for several years but I hadn't actually bought a whole album of hers until I received 1989 in a Secret Santa gift exchange a few weeks ago and then I was hooked. I have since bought all of her other albums in the following weeks since then and I can't wait to see and hear what she does next!

Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 5:51 AM

There are some male swifties around me. I reckon that there are more male Asian swifties if you get to know some Asians.

Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:18 AM

Hilarious this thread has been going for 4 years..love it!

I partied like it's 1989 on 7/24/15!

Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 5:55 AM

I'm trying to post something but when I click Submit it just gets stuck saying Posting,,, but its been an hour and it still hasn't posted. Its not short its actually quite detailed, is their a word count for this forum or is anyone else experiencing something like this? What I want to post is long but I feel some of you's may enjoy reading it.

Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:40 AM

I'm a woman and I think it's great that there are male swifties! My fiancee listens to Taylor A LOT and loves her music. He's a proud swifty! He would tell me how growing up and listening to Taylor people would bully and pick on him a lot. I couldn't understand how someone could be so mean and heartless. To me it doesn't matter what gender you are if you love a certain Artist and the music you can relate or even feel like you wanna jump up and dance. Then you should be free to do so without harsh judgment!

Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Bianca_Fearless13 wrote:
    I'm a woman and I think it's great that there are male swifties! My fiancee listens to Taylor A LOT and loves her music. He's a proud swifty! He would tell me how growing up and listening to Taylor people would bully and pick on him a lot. I couldn't understand how someone could be so mean and heartless. To me it doesn't matter what gender you are if you love a certain Artist and the music you can relate or even feel like you wanna jump up and dance. Then you should be free to do so without harsh judgment!

I never really understood why people make fun of people for their music tastes. As a guy who regularly wears my T Swift hoodie I understand what your fiancee deals with. All my friends and coworkers will make jokes but nothing mean, most of my coworkers have just taken to calling me Taylor lol. I really wish people could just like what they like and not have to worry about hiding it. I was worried at first when I got my hoodie, but I got to the point where if someone says something about it, I own it. I just yeah, I love Taylor, saw her live and can't wait for the next time. It usually stops them in their tracks, it's hard to make fun of someone who isn't embarrassed by it I guess.
    "if you don't know the words, just mumble"

-Taylor Swift on the 1989 Would Tour, Columbus

Follow me on Spotify