Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: MALE SWIFTIES

Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:26 PM

I am a 42 Male, Married and a big Taylor Swift fan, I went to the Louisville, KY RED concert Last year and am going to the Lexington, Ky one this Year. I love all of her songs but the one that speaks to me most is All To Well. Glad to see there are more than just me!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Fri, May 8, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Male swifties unite lol

I'm 25 and I'll go see her in Ottawa by myself... If anyone goes to that show, look for the tall guy in the PIT dancing by himself like a crazy person, and possibly crying and screaming hysterically when she comes on stage haha

*Gets ready for the judgemental looks lol*
    This is a signature. Because why not! :D

Mon, May 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM

All the male swifties seem to be married or older than 21, and I'm just here all alone...

Mon, May 11, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I'm a brand new male Swiftie.

31 years-old from Sydney Australia. It's a pleasure to meet you all :)

Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:59 AM

Male Swifties are AWESOME!!!! I just wish that there were more!!!

Sun, May 17, 2015 at 3:03 AM

im male swiftie...im so fan him

Sun, May 17, 2015 at 4:27 AM

I'm a male Swiftie in my early 30's. Was reluctant to admit it for awhile, but to me, if you're a great artist like TS, then who cares? I don't get why people my age are so hard pressed to say they enjoy her. Not that much older then she is, and it's not like she's a teen star anymore. Her music is about adult relationships.

Mon, May 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM

I've been a fan of hers for years since, I was about 11/12. I am 19 now, so almost half my life of Swift haha. I don't know what entails being a Swiftie, I am a little daunted to call myself one because I don't know if I am one, how do you know you're ?

I work with a guy that likes her, but everyone else doesn't like her and thinks it's childish and girly. When I was at school, I knew a kid who likes her music and girls used to tease him. I played for the school footy team, I couldn't have people knowing so I didn't tell anyone.
    "Hey you called me up again just to break me like a promise, So casually cruel in the name of being honest"

1. wes avatar wes

Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Well, here in Belgium we don't hear much Taylor Swift on the radio, neither do my friends listen to it, so I just recently started listening to her and her music is actually right what I needed. I listen to a lot of music, but Taylor's music fills a huge gap I was having in my "to-fill library".
    I'm a male Swiftie and I'm proud of it! TS, you're not alone :)

Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM

I'm 43 and a big fan, still a bit closeted. My wife jokingly gives me grief about her age even today. There's a strong vulnerability that goes along with why I admire her and it fills a void in my life. She represents many things to me that are classy, feminine, pure and honest which I think is what this country really needs more of. I'm not interested in most of the music or imagery of her contemporaries, they are trying too hard to garner attention to see their pitiful train-wreck. Taylor is just simply there saying "I'm going to create some beautiful music with stories that are personal to me but may apply to everyone. Pay attention if you like, I would appreciate it and do my best to keep you interested, but I don't require it to live my life". I wish I could adopt her outlook on life one day. She's a great role model for both my 10 year old and myself.

Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:50 PM

NerdzNation wrote:
    I've been a fan of hers for years since, I was about 11/12. I am 19 now, so almost half my life of Swift haha. I don't know what entails being a Swiftie, I am a little daunted to call myself one because I don't know if I am one, how do you know you're ?

I work with a guy that likes her, but everyone else doesn't like her and thinks it's childish and girly. When I was at school, I knew a kid who likes her music and girls used to tease him. I played for the school footy team, I couldn't have people knowing so I didn't tell anyone.

Not sure why there's a stigma at being a guy and following TS. Her songs are directed at the listener, and the type of songs they are it would be logical to conclude that the listener is a guy. And I am like, "oh yeah, gorgeous blonde singing love songs at me, SOOOO fruity." The stigma is silly. She sings about stuff that might be considered risque, but in her personal life she's responsible about it because she knows there are people looking up to her, especially young girls.

As opposed to what, Madonna? She had skill and a good imagination, but at the point where Dave Chapelle makes a skit calling you a whore and you can't sue for libel, or religious people form a human wall to keep you out of a sacred place, "being a good role model" is probably no longer at the agenda. That's pretty much why I think TS is great, she is visible and responsible about it.

And yeah, people trash her. Jealousy takes all forms and colors, but in the end they're all green with envy and wishing they were one tenth with effort to what TS manages effortlessly. She ignores the haters, and so do I. And I'd say so should we all; and that's why we're all here. Welcome!
    -- o.o

Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Orlov wrote:
    NerdzNation wrote:

Not sure why there's a stigma at being a guy and following TS. Her songs are directed at the listener, and the type of songs they are it would be logical to conclude that the listener is a guy. And I am like, "oh yeah, gorgeous blonde singing love songs at me, SOOOO fruity." The stigma is silly. She sings about stuff that might be considered risque, but in her personal life she's responsible about it because she knows there are people looking up to her, especially young girls.

As opposed to what, Madonna? She had skill and a good imagination, but at the point where Dave Chapelle makes a skit calling you a whore and you can't sue for libel, or religious people form a human wall to keep you out of a sacred place, "being a good role model" is probably no longer at the agenda. That's pretty much why I think TS is great, she is visible and responsible about it.

And yeah, people trash her. Jealousy takes all forms and colors, but in the end they're all green with envy and wishing they were one tenth with effort to what TS manages effortlessly. She ignores the haters, and so do I. And I'd say so should we all; and that's why we're all here. Welcome!

Yeah I don't know why, she is a beautiful women who sings from the heart. Maybe people are afraid to admit they like her. I am glad I do, because I appreciate what an amazing person she is and how amazing her music is.
    "Hey you called me up again just to break me like a promise, So casually cruel in the name of being honest"

Fri, May 22, 2015 at 10:55 AM

I have been a male fan of Taylor A. Swift since 2006. I was "friended" by her on Myspace, then added on Facebook. When she went to the (Musician/Band) format and no longer replied personally I still followed her post. I buy the vinyl record albums of Speak Now, Red and 1989. I play them on 1974 "vintage" stereo equipment. I have a JVC linear tracking turntable and have JBL 4311 studio monitors for speakers. The sound is so much better than the compressed digital CD's.You hear the picks on the guitar strings and the breaths between words as she is singing.

Sun, May 24, 2015 at 5:20 AM

The 1989 Tour is going to be my first Taylor show. I was going to take my Niece for a cover. Then a friend of mine was like: "who cares? she's one of your favorites..go and enjoy. I'll totally go with you." So now 2 guys are going to see the Tayster at Gillette. As for my 14 year old Niece, she's indifferent about TS, but thinks it's pretty funny her Uncle is a big fan. It's all good..I'm looking forward to it, although wanting to sing every word and control myself is going to be difficult..lol

Sun, May 24, 2015 at 6:10 AM

I've loved reading all these posts by male Swifties this morning. I, also, am a male Swiftie. I'm older than most of you, and have followed many musicians in my lifetime. Our Taylor is a SUPER SPECIAL, one of a kind young lady I used to say that Taylor was a good role model for young girls. But after seeing the "Speak Now World Tour Live", DVD, and researching Taylor's life story, I can truly say that our Taylor is a great role model for everyone, especially me.

Our Taylor is my role model, my hero, and my Angel.

Taylor Swift will go down in history as one of the greatest musicians, songwriters, performers, philanthropists, and all around wonderful human beings of ALL time. And she is well on her way to achieving just that. And I will be proud to be cheering her on the entire way. Fly, Taylor, Fly

Sun, May 24, 2015 at 12:53 PM

I am 59 years old and have been a Taylor Swift fan since seeing her sing Tim McGraw and Faith & Tim were in the crowd. I was added as a friend to Taylor's MySpace page and followed her to Facebook. I really liked the RED album and totally love the 1989 album. I bought the vinyl double record albums of Speak Now, Red and 1989. I would have bought her 1st Taylor Swift and Fearless as vinyl records if she had them for sale. I prefer to listen to analog over compressed digital CD's. My wife hates Taylor because she thinks I have a crush on a girl the age of our youngest son, but I think Taylor is a great singer/song-writer and all round good role model and smart business woman.
    Glen Jacobs

Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM

I'm 17, and I've liked her music ever since I've first seen her on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon back in August or September of '14. Decided to Google her after the show, and really fell in love with her music. My favorite song has to be Style, it sounds great.

Go, Taylor!

(plus, it doesn't help me considering she's incredibly beautiful.... :) )

Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I'm 36 and think she's amazing. There's not many albums I can listen to from start to finish but can listen to all 5 of Taylor's.

I get grief from people at work and some friends. It's almost like I'm supposed to change my tastes to suit others because they don't think she's cool! Good thing it's my life and not theirs. lol

Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM

dick fam we out here

Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Day 1 Swiftie checking in

Shoutout my boy PradaG