Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 6:52 AM

its not girl music its about love

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 7:40 AM

yep just another admirer of the divinely awesome ms swift. you all can add me to the club .. welcome to add me up.. and so we begin again.
    trying my best to still be loved and accepted for being me in this crazy lonely world.

1. Xin avatar Xin

RE: MALE SWIFTIES

Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:05 PM

I'm a male Swiftie too, and in my 30s. First became a fan about 9 years ago. And you know what, I don't care what anyone else says. Life is too short to pretend to dislike something just because it's not what people expect of you. I got tired of pretending like I didn't know all the lyrics to all her songs, or that I don't follow her twitter or instagram feeds. As Taylor says, haters are gonna hate hate hate, and the rest is history, as they say.

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:48 AM

My husband is the reason why I became a fan of Taylor. He is a very proud Swiftie, if his not in work clothes he is generally in a Taylor T-Shirt of some description. Taylor dominates my walls at home whether it be a calendar or a clock, our cups have Taylor on, we have Taylor Christmas ornaments etc

People make fun of him because they think its weird a guy follows a singer like Taylor as the media largely portrays her fan base as young girls. However he doesn't care and I fully support him. He really wanted to see Taylor in concert this year so I said to him why not turn Taylor's tour into a holiday so we booked 8 concerts in 6 country's. Taylor is now a shared passion and I love that. At 42 he thought he would be the oldest Swiftie at the concerts but we have seen a couple of older men, they may have been dads with their daughters but they were older :)

I think male Swifties are great and give a different perspective on Taylor, long live male Swifties :)

http://taylorfansuk1989tour.me

2. Xin avatar Xin

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Louiechops wrote:
    My husband is the reason why I became a fan of Taylor. He is a very proud Swiftie, if his not in work clothes he is generally in a Taylor T-Shirt of some description. Taylor dominates my walls at home whether it be a calendar or a clock, our cups have Taylor on, we have Taylor Christmas ornaments etc

People make fun of him because they think its weird a guy follows a singer like Taylor as the media largely portrays her fan base as young girls. However he doesn't care and I fully support him. He really wanted to see Taylor in concert this year so I said to him why not turn Taylor's tour into a holiday so we booked 8 concerts in 6 country's. Taylor is now a shared passion and I love that. At 42 he thought he would be the oldest Swiftie at the concerts but we have seen a couple of older men, they may have been dads with their daughters but they were older :)

I think male Swifties are great and give a different perspective on Taylor, long live male Swifties :)

Haha. My wife's conversion to a Swiftie is similar to your story. She was generally aware of Taylor because of Love Story and You Belong with Me. But she had always thought Taylor was just another corporation manufactured pop princess (though at the time she wasn't technically pop). But then we had our daughter. And she was sometimes fussy, but what would calm her down would be seeing videos of other babies. And as you know, the video for The Best Day is basically just a collage of Taylor growing up, from infancy on. So that video would calm her right down. So I played that video a lot. And that's how she got introduced to Taylor. And these days, our bedroom wall is adorned in equal parts with pictures of our family, and photos of Taylor, and she's totally fine with it. If she can't think of a good present for me, for things like anniversaries or birthdays, she falls back to the default of ordering something from her store, and I"m a happy clam. And BTW, 6 countries and 8 tour dates, that's amazing!

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 2:17 PM

I love the song and video of The Best Day so much! I'm a bit too old for it, but my guilty-pleasure is still hugging the leg of a family member or friend.

RE: Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Paintrain wrote:
    I love the song and video of The Best Day so much! I'm a bit too old for it, but my guilty-pleasure is still hugging the leg of a family member or friend.
    creepy pleasure...

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Good to see,that im not the only one.

-----------------------------------------

My house,is wherever is playing Ts' music xD.

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Tom Lanna wrote:
    Good to see,that im not the only one.
    you actually are. These are all fake accounts to make it look like there are male fans.

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:18 PM

I'm a male Swiftie!! Glad to see all of you here.
    I only wanted love cause it's torture..

Instagram: aliclong
    Tumblr: aliclong

Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM

^^put a shirt on

Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 4:20 AM

MiddleOfStartingOver wrote:
    ^^put a shirt on

That really made me laugh :)

Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Xin wrote:
    Louiechops wrote:

Haha. My wife's conversion to a Swiftie is similar to your story. She was generally aware of Taylor because of Love Story and You Belong with Me. But she had always thought Taylor was just another corporation manufactured pop princess (though at the time she wasn't technically pop). But then we had our daughter. And she was sometimes fussy, but what would calm her down would be seeing videos of other babies. And as you know, the video for The Best Day is basically just a collage of Taylor growing up, from infancy on. So that video would calm her right down. So I played that video a lot. And that's how she got introduced to Taylor. And these days, our bedroom wall is adorned in equal parts with pictures of our family, and photos of Taylor, and she's totally fine with it. If she can't think of a good present for me, for things like anniversaries or birthdays, she falls back to the default of ordering something from her store, and I"m a happy clam. And BTW, 6 countries and 8 tour dates, that's amazing!

That's so sweet, yes I was aware of Taylor she was just somebody on the radio but after going to the Red concert I was converted. I love the Best Day video how cute is that it helped settled your daughter down. I fully support my husband and he wanted to see the 1989 tour so I thought what the heck lets turn 2015 into a 1989 tour year were fortunate enough through a lot of saving and going without things to do it so why not. If we are blessed with a family its probably something we wouldn't be able to do for a while, after nearly 10 years of marriage I still hold out hope. Its our birthday soon (we share the same date) and everything I have brought my husband is Taylor related at least I know he will like them. All to best you and your family

Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM

im a male swiftie gone to 12 shows with 2 more planned this year

[/signature]

Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 6:24 PM

I love how her music slowly grew on me for the past year. After seeing her on The Tonight Show, I looked up my first song of hers, Shake It Off, as it was undoubtedly the most popular TS song at the time, which I thought sounded cool. Then when the Blank Space video was released, I actually clicked off it the first time I heard it, and didn't think it was very good. Then, for whatever reason, I seen another video of her doing a live performance of it in the UK, and loved it (don't know what happened... ). I purchased 1989 a while later, and also came to love How You Get The Girl, All You Had To Do Was Stay, and Out Of The Woods. Purchased Red last week, and now, I can't stop listening to State Of Grace, The Lucky One, and Starlight, not to mention all the other great songs on that album. A year ago, I would have thought it sounded too "girly", and would have never been able to listen to it. That's definitely changed now. As Davor said, "it's not girl music, it's about love".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Haters gonna hate! Just Shake It Off!

Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Our (Bad)Blood, sweat, and tears went into making this.
    Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HaBr2qDCrU
    Watch our Mime Through TIme: Taylor Swift Edition video! :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HaBr2qDCrU

Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Late entry, but we're here!

Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Taylor is everything to me! She's my inspiration and role model; the whole reason I started playing guitar and decided to be a better person, I've read a biography on her life (by Louisa Jepson) and she's just such a great person! Must admit I know how you feel though, I know so many people that hate on Taylor but their opinions are so prejudiced it's crazy. Her music is great and so is she, I'm a proud male swiftie! :D

Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Don't worry there are ALOT of male swifties in the world and girls them! Look what this guy did for his gf... if you want a girl who is a Swiftie this is how you do it lol [url=https://www.facebook.com/KalebNation/videos/vb.50880920020/10154244227695021/]https://www.facebook.com/KalebNation/videos/vb.50880920020/10154244227695021/
    I'm intimidated by the fear of being average.