Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

coolerthaneverbefore wrote:
    How can anyone not love Taylor. She is hot, single, and talented. Taylor Rocks.
    Also she's really nice and funny.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:52 PM

And lets not forget Taylor is really cool too. Her coolness is off the page. Taylor Rocks

Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Douglas wrote:
    So, I was reading the WSJ article Tay had and one thing struck me "...with every young girl I meet..."

She has to realize that her music is no longer just being played by "young girls" but older girls and women and also boys and men. But she continues to focus on the young female artist. She almost 25 and really should recognize how her fan base has expanded. So I wonder why she still focuses on young females? As she matures, so will her music. With such a strong and broad fanbase, I think she needs to recognize this or risk losing fans in the future.

http://www.douglassmithphotography.net

I can't live without you, I can't live without you Tay-Tay.

I agree! I think she's underestimating her appeal. I've always thought she's had a lot of male fans but the female ones are the most vocal (which his great btw. Lots of great fans on TC).

Taylor is my favorite artist. I'm not afraid to say it. When somebody asks me what music I like I don't hide it. I say it confidently and proudly. I'd like to think I have excellent taste in the arts so when people learn I love Taylor they take notice.

Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I'm not afraid to show my Taylor love! I have all her concert programs, every one of her studio albums signed by her, a TS 2014 calendar, an early autographed photo (signed "Taylor Swift <3", not just "Taylor <3" like she does now), and one of her RED photos autographed by her hanging on my wall. Someone would have to be blind to come in my office and NOT know I am a Swiftie.

A couple weeks ago I was in a video shoot and during the lunch break I was telling the crew about my TS autographed CD collection and one young women couldn't believe I was a Swiftie! She was interested because of my enthusiasm and hadn't really taken Taylor seriously to this point. I told her to buy the "Red" album and see if that would change her thoughts towards Taylor. She said she would - I sure hope she does because she would then enter the beautiful world of Taylor Swift that I entered in when I bought Fearless many years ago.

Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Male Swifties are so awesome! During the RED tour in PIT, a mid-30 year old man was behind me and my friend with his significant other and he was rocking out! He could name all her Fearless songs and it made me so happy! Strut your love for Tay, you go guys! :D

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Douglas wrote:
    So, I was reading the WSJ article Tay had and one thing struck me "...with every young girl I meet..."

She has to realize that her music is no longer just being played by "young girls" but older girls and women and also boys and men. But she continues to focus on the young female artist. She almost 25 and really should recognize how her fan base has expanded. So I wonder why she still focuses on young females? As she matures, so will her music. With such a strong and broad fanbase, I think she needs to recognize this or risk losing fans in the future.

Unfortunately, she's always focused primarily on young to teenage girls and i don't see that changing, really, any time soon.

Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Douglas wrote:

Unfortunately, she's always focused primarily on young to teenage girls and i don't see that changing, really, any time soon.

She will have to change--those Young girls are getting older too.

Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Male Swiftie here.....
    I'm Indian and I'm proud to be a Swiftie !!!!!!!!
    iTaylor13

RE: Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 5:31 PM

ScubaStu wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Douglas wrote:

And so is she. So it will be hard for her to relate to that same audience in an album or 2. Shes turning 25 this year. Album 6 will be around 27. Her experiences wont totaly relate to some teens then. And if she tries, current fans will outgrow that.

Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 6:37 PM

How much of it do you think is Taylor just being unassuming? I mean she's never one to assume something or feel entitled at all.

What I wouldn't give to tell her in person how much I love her work (and her).

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Male or female, I ain't never seen nobody could write songs and play music like Taylor Swift.

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I am her lover since 2007. I love her whatever she is or whatever she'll be, I'll love her my whole life. I have not seen a beautiful girl since I have seen her in 2007, I was like my mouth was open for a minute and I just started to love her beauty her eyes her hairs her face her lips. I just love her. I don't know why but I won't love any girl in the world like I'll love her.

Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP9pQDyHqP8
    John Duke Logan
    Entertainer. Author. Entrepreneur.
    www.johndukelogan.com

RE: MALE SWIFTIES

Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM

John Duke Logan
    www.johndukelogan.com

Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM

JohnDukeLogan wrote:

John Duke Logan
    www.johndukelogan.com

That's so cool. I hope that the next album gives us something really good to dress up as from one of the songs

Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Douglas wrote:
    ScubaStu wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Douglas wrote:

And so is she. So it will be hard for her to relate to that same audience in an album or 2. Shes turning 25 this year. Album 6 will be around 27. Her experiences wont totaly relate to some teens then. And if she tries, current fans will outgrow that.

I think sometimes she just doesn't realize that although there aren't as many of us guy swifties, the few of us get impacted just as much by her. I don't think it's a huge deal, I think she was just generalizing.

Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Douglas wrote:

We guys will probably always be a tiny minority, but she does know about us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhLzj4YpqA&feature=youtu.be&t=9m44s

Taylor: There's more boys now! It's crazy! Like, there's a lot of guys whenever I look out into the audience...
    Audience member: It's because you're hot!
    [Laughter]
    Taylor: No, it's 'cause YOU guys are hot and they know where you're gonna be!

I am a 44-year old guy who was privileged to SPEAK NOW on SEPTEMBER 1 and 2, 2011.

I was burning RED on AUGUST 27, 2013.

This is the golden age of something
    Good and right and real...

Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Rafa Heineck wrote:
    dam there so many male swifties, that so cool. And i have to say, i'm proud to say to all my friends i love Taylor Swift, i even make them like her. it's like Clayton Kershaw said.
    "By the way, if you don't like Taylor Swift, you're just lying to yourself. If you're a dude and you think you're too cool to like her, just get over yourself, really."

I listened to that interview. I'm not sure if Kershaw was being serious or not, I mean he initially said "Tyler" before correcting himself, then he rattled off a couple of well known songs (Red and YBWM) and then just said he likes them all. I'm reminded of Michael Bolton in Office Space when he says he just "kind of likes them all" when asked what his favorite Michael Bolton song was. Don't dilly dally around the question, just answer it.

One athlete who I think we all know, of course, who loves Taylor genuinely is Golden Tate. Still love the video of him singing Love Story as an NFL rookie.

RE: MALE SWIFTIES

Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I am a young lady, and I find that guys who dig Taylor's music are quite attractive, by not just listening to her music but knowing that the lyrics mean something, and those guys look at things from a girls perspective with Taylor's music and I love seeing all those guys out in the crowds! Keep it up fellas!
    -Shelbie

Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I will never ever tell you not to love the young girls of this world Taylor!!! I SO LOVE that about you!!, but sometime US guys love you & your songs!! I sometimes wish you would us too. Still never change you are you!!! & that is what I
    Taylor Swift you have such a golden heart, you are such a wonderful person and an inspiration to so many people. I LOVE YOU!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.