Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MALE SWIFTIES

Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Luis Lopes wrote:
    I am a straight male and a proud swifter :)
    Tay's Music make me want to dance, makes me believe that tomorrow will be a better day and makes me have hope of the future, Tay's lyrics found their way into my mind and makes me think and feel, because they really touch me.
    I am proud to be a Swifter and somehow, support this amazing artist and wonderful person who is Taylor Swift.

+1

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Of course im a proud male Swiftie. To me music is whatever I like and if people dont think its "acceptable" well too bad. My music is my music and I wouldnt have it any other way,
    -Sassy Diva-

Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 12:57 AM

Proud male Swiftie here and there is nothing at all wrong with it.

I've had a bit of stick for liking Taylor recently, partly for being older (though only 31) and partly because I am a guy but I am not going to let society dictate what I should or shouldn't like, especially when it comes to music. Taylor is everything I look for in an artist and my only regret is not discovering just how incredible she is years ago, I absolutely adore her!

Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:10 PM

dazza_stoke wrote:
    I am a guy but I am not going to let society dictate what I should or shouldn't like/quote]

Quoted for Truth
    There's no love in fear!

Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Jerry Braden wrote:
    What I honestly think it comes down to is the music and how it effects our lives.
    I'm a huge Backstreet Boys and Taylor fan (Straight by the way), but their music has really touched my life in ways that no one or nothing else could touch.
    Their music has helped me through some of my darkest days. That's what music is about-touching lives and leaving an impact.
    I can't stand it when people say that a certain artist is for a certain gender. That's garbage. You can have a certain population that fills most of the fan base which are girls, but us, guys, are also here and we can really appreciate the music as well.
    I live my life proudly and what I love proudly.

I agree like there are more female fans, but why is it so wrong for a guy to be a Swiftie? Her music comes from her life experiences that everyone has. So why is it so hard to think that a guy can relate to her?

Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:18 AM

OutoftheWoods92 wrote:
    Jerry Braden wrote:
    What I honestly think it comes down to is the music and how it effects our lives.
    I'm a huge Backstreet Boys and Taylor fan (Straight by the way), but their music has really touched my life in ways that no one or nothing else could touch.
    Their music has helped me through some of my darkest days. That's what music is about-touching lives and leaving an impact.
    I can't stand it when people say that a certain artist is for a certain gender. That's garbage. You can have a certain population that fills most of the fan base which are girls, but us, guys, are also here and we can really appreciate the music as well.
    I live my life proudly and what I love proudly.

I agree like there are more female fans, but why is it so wrong for a guy to be a Swiftie? Her music comes from her life experiences that everyone has. So why is it so hard to think that a guy can relate to her?

It is not wrong for a guy to be a Swiftie. If you like her music be a Swiftie and don`t care about what other people say. At least I don`t care.

Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Well said! If other people have a problem with it, then it is their problem and let them deal with it!

Luis Lopes wrote:
    I am a straight male and a proud swifter :)
    Tay's Music make me want to dance, makes me believe that tomorrow will be a better day and makes me have hope of the future, Tay's lyrics found their way into my mind and makes me think and feel, because they really touch me.
    I am proud to be a Swifter and somehow, support this amazing artist and wonderful person who is Taylor Swift.

Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Thats part of what FREEDOM is all about.

nooneknows wrote:
    dazza_stoke wrote:
    I am a guy but I am not going to let society dictate what I should or shouldn't like/quote]

Quoted for Truth

Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Well, I'm a female, but of course its ok!
    AMBO

Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM

I am going to the first Metlife show with a male friend, so it will be just two guys going without any females. I don't care if people judge, I am there to have a good time. I am going to the second Metlife show with a female, but it doesn't matter who I am going with because I am going there to dance, sing and have the time of my life.

But yes, there is a stigma attached to males who like pop music or female artists. I was called 'gay' because I like TS music. This society needs to mature.

I don't have any DIE hard TS real life friends, but most are casual and don't think it's weird that I enjoy her music as much as I do. They have asked me to learn a lot of her songs on guitar so when they come over they can sing along to them!

There's no love in fear!

Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM

nooneknows wrote:
    I am going to the first Metlife show with a male friend, so it will be just two guys going without any females. I don't care if people judge, I am there to have a good time. I am going to the second Metlife show with a female, but it doesn't matter who I am going with because I am going there to dance, sing and have the time of my life.

This is exactly how it should be.

I will be going to Manchester alone and I've had some stick off work colleagues and friends for it but I don't care what think, I'm going to go and have a good time, enjoy the experience and have some fun.

Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I think you are right about the stigma. Other adults cannot figure out why I choose to chat with younger swifties on here. I tell them age has nothing to do with it we are all simply swifties with alot in common in the way we all relate to taylor and her music.

nooneknows wrote:

But yes, there is a stigma attached to males who like pop music or female artists. I was called 'gay' because I like TS music. This society needs to mature.

I don't have any DIE hard TS real life friends, but most are casual and don't think it's weird that I enjoy her music as much as I do. They have asked me to learn a lot of her songs on guitar so when they come over they can sing along to them!

Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Hi I love Taylor she so beautiful

Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:17 PM

I am a closet swifty!.. I have to be.. I am 40.. Her music is just awesome though!

Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:33 PM

I am a male swifie and I am prod of it.. I tell anyone and everyone and I don't care what others think :)

Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I want to marry her

Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 1:34 AM

Not really a swiftie per say but I do enjoy some of her songs, more recent ones

Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

RabbiBokChoy wrote:
    I want to marry her

me too lol

I actually had a dream once where I was married to Carrie Underwood & cheated on her with Taylor & by the end of the dream I was married to Taylor lol.

Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Hey guys! First time long time etc but I am a HUGE SWIFTIE!

We have a radio station on in our office that plays heaps of Taylor so keeps me happy! Hoping next time she comes to NZ ( maybe to visit Lorde?? ) I'll be able to get tickets!

Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM

proud Male Swiftie here been to 9 shows with 3 more planned

[/signature]